microP2 Card, The World's First*1 UHS-II Compliant Professional Memory Card. Bringing Higher Efficiency, Reliability and Speed to Broadcasting Workflows.
microP2 Card (32 GB)
microP2 Card (64 GB)
Memory Card Adapter
Memory Card Drive
Panasonic has developed microP2 card solid-state recording media for broadcast use with the same size as the SD Memory Card. While dramatically reducing the size and cost of the current P2 card (which is PC card size), the new microP2 card offers the same level of data capacity (32 GB/64 GB) as well as high transfer speed, superb reliability and excellent security. A Memory Card Adapter for use in devices*2 equipped with the current P2 card slot, and a Memory Card Drive are also available. This provides a smooth transition to a microP2 card-based workflow with superior operability.
*1: For a UHS-II compliant memory card, as of March 2013, according to a Panasonic survey.
*2: A firmware upgrade is required for the main unit.
A P2 Card with SD Memory Card Size, High Transfer Speed and Superb Reliability
• Reading of up to 2.0 Gbps due to compliance with the UHS-II SD memory card standard for high-speed data transfer.
• Highly reliable design inherited from the P2 card with features like RAID technology and an error correction function.
• CPS (Content Protection System) for password protection.
• High bending and twisting strength (200% that of the SD standard).
• Easy management with a QR code for unique identification, a writable memo area, and a P2 card sized case.
• A function that informs the user when it is time to replace the card.
Memory Card Adapter AJ-P2AD1G
A Conversion Adapter for Using the microP2 Card in Existing P2 Equipment.*1
• High-speed reading up to 1.0 Gbps.
• Guaranteed writing speed up to AVC-Intra100 (excluding 60p/50p).
*1: A firmware upgrade is required for the P2 equipment.
For details, see "Service and Support".
* Operation cannot be guaranteed when using an SDHC/SDXC memory card instead of the microP2 card.
Memory Card Drive "microP2 drive" AJ-MPD1G
Compact, Lightweight, Low Cost USB Bus Power microP2 Card Drive with USB 3.0 Support and Two Card Slots.
• The USB 3.0 interface and compliance with the UHS-II SD memory card standard allows high-speed reading up to 2.0 Gbps.
• Connection is also possible to a conventional USB 2.0 device.
• Easy "Plug & Play" connection with a PC or Mac.
• Latest Windows and Mac OS supported.
*Precautions When Using SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards with the AJ-P2AD1G Memory Card Adapter
• Only the DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, and AVC-Intra50 recording formats can be used when using the Memory Card Adapter on P2 Series
products. Memory cards of Class 10 or higher are recommended, but recording may not be possible with some cards.
• DVCPRO HD and AVC-intra100 cannot be used.
• Memory card data capacity must be 4GB or more and 128 GB or less.
• Interval Rec, One-Shot Rec, Loop Rec, or One-Clip Rec cannot be used.
• If the reading performance is insufficient during playback, frames might be skipped (Best-effort playback).
• When copying clips that extend over two SDHC/SDXC memory cards onto another SDHC/SDXC memory card, the connecting relationship
between the cards will not be saved.
Under certain conditions, the connecting relationship between original and copied SDHC/SDXC memory cards is saved.