Panasonic Introduces the new PTZ camera (PTZ Camera) Line-up
With the 4K high-quality video, smooth vertical and horizontal movement of the proprietary motor, and
up to 24x zoom, this new line-up realizes an immersive video communication
October 12, 2021
- * Based on Futuresorce PTZ Camera Report 2020. Panasonic is No.1 PTZ Camera Value brand in worldwide from 2017 to 2019.
Osaka, Japan (October 12, 2021) – Connected Solutions Company (CNS), a company of Panasonic Corporation, developed new PTZ cameras and announced a completely new line-up. The quality of the communication in online conferences is critical to the education industry and businesses as they rush to adapt to the accelerated digital transformation under the New Normal. CNS's PTZ cameras are the most used in the world*1 and have met the needs of customers in various industries such as the national stadium at the venue of the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020, the Tokyo Aquatics Centre, and broadcasting stations. All 5 models of PTZ cameras can be selected according to the size of the organization and the required performance-4K Integrated Camera AW-UE80W/K, AW-UE50W/K, AW-UE40W/K, AW-UE20W/K, HD Integrated Camera AW-HE20W/K- will be released sequentially from the 1st quarter of 2022.
The online communication was rapidly adopted as an alternative to keep the social activities under this pandemic. While the environment for classes and businesses is set up without location restrictions, many organizations face problems with the online communication. For example, in an educational setting, it may be difficult to see the characters on the blackboard or whiteboard and the facial expressions of the participants in the online class, which may affect the proficiency level of the class. In addition, images taken from fixed-point angles with no screen changes lack a sense of realism, which may impair students' active participation in classes and two-way communication. Similar challenges apply to corporate online meetings. For the time being, we expect that a hybrid system that uses both online and in-person will continue, and we believe that demand for cameras that enable higher quality communication in online classes and conferences will increase.
The five new models of PTZ cameras developed by CNS have high-definition video expression utilizing the know-how of professional broadcasting equipment development that has continued for more than 60 years, and a proprietary direct drive system based on Panasonic’s own technology for smooth vertical and horizontal directions. It features the movement of the camera. With clear images and dynamic image production that cannot be obtained with fixed-point angles, it is possible to improve the quality of online communication and enhance the sense of presence even when not face-to-face. Not only that, but Panasonic also offers products that make it easy to operate, shoot, and manage even if you have never shot before. By linking with CNS Remote Camera Controller and software that realizes automatic tracking by face recognition and human body detection, the burden on users' lessons and conference management is reduced. Furthermore, it supports the SRT protocol that prevents security risks, reducing risks such as video data leakage. In addition, the compact design and high quietness that do not give a feeling of oppression to the participants contribute to maintaining concentration in classes and meetings.
1. Achieve safe and stable video communication:
You can concentrate on meetings and classes with high-definition video without worrying about information leakage and video distortion.
- Achieve a high sense of presence with 4K high-definition video*3
- Shooting images with less blurring with optical image shake correction*4
- High security is ensured by applying strong encryption to video data that is difficult to decrypt even if leaked, and it supports the SRT protocol that transmits stable video*5
- Scheduled to be gradually compatible with widely used online conferencing application
2. With the Quiet, compact design and full of functions:
It enables video distribution for any site, from meetings and classes to events and concerts.
- With the high quietness of the proprietary direct drive motor (NC25 or less*6), it is possible to behave in the same way as when communicating face-to-face without worrying about the camera.*7
- The small housing and bottom design allow it to be installed in places that are difficult for people to enter, ceilings, and walls.
- Supports RTMP / RTMPS, which is an indispensable protocol for video distribution
- FreeD*8 protocol compatible, so the integration with AR / VR systems is possible with a minimum of equipment*9
3. Easy to install and operate:
System configuration that utilizes existing equipment and systems.
- With a combination of a wide angle of view of up to 74.1 ° and a zoom of up to 24x, you can shoot the entire space and details with a small number of cameras.*10
- Supports NDI®|HX*11, which enables high efficient video transmission, enabling IP transmission even for large-capacity video in an existing network environment.*12
- A wide angle range of outputs (SDI, HDMI, USB, IP), capable of linking with PCs and various AV devices*13
- By supporting PoE*14 power supply and IP control / video transmission, power supply / control / video transmission can be realized with a single cable, reducing wiring and installation work.
4. Compatible with various Panasonic products to reduce the burden of shooting and management:
Streamline shooting and management and reduce the operational load on users.
- In cooperation with the Auto Tracking Software AW-SF100 / AW-SF200 (sold separately), a realistic image that always reflects the speaker is realized.*15
- Collectively manage up to 200 cameras with a dedicated Remote Camera Controller (sold separately) and PTZ Control Center software (free of charge)
- It can also be operated from the dedicated controller AW-RM50AG (sold separately)*16, which is the same type as the familiar general infrared remote controller.
- Supports Virtual USB Driver software (free of charge) that makes it possible to use a PTZ camera in a place such as the ceiling where the USB cable is hard to reach as a Web camera and link it with an online lecture system.
|Color||White(W) / Black(K)|
|Image Sensor||1/2.5” MOS||1/2.8” MOS|
|Optical zoom magnification||24 x||12 x|
|Horizontal angle of view||74.1°||71°|
|PoE power supply||PoE++||PoE+|
|New Direct Drive motor||Yes||－|
|High Bandwidth NDI®||Yes
(up to FHD)
|NDI®|HX||Yes||Yes (Activation required)||－|
|Panasonic Remote Camera Controller||AW-RP150GJ||Yes|
|Panasonic paid software*
*90-days free trial is available
|Auto Tracking Software||Yes||－|
|Visual Preset Software||Yes|
|Panasonic free software||PTZ Control Center||Yes|
|Virtual USB Driver||Yes|
|EasyIP Setup Tool Plus||Yes|
Panasonic Corporation has contributed to a wide range of fields of video from the 1950s*17, when TV broadcasting was first performed in Japan, to TVs, digital cameras, and broadcasting equipment that supported the broadcasting of the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020*18. Panasonic Corporation's PTZ cameras continue to be the most advanced PTZ cameras of the era, thanks to the high technical capabilities of engineers cultivated over this long history and the enthusiasm to expand the possibilities of people who handle video. With a PTZ camera solution supported by software that realizes high video quality and easy device operation that contributes to next-generation educational sites and corporate video communication, Panasonic will realize A Better Life, A Better World.
For more information on Panasonic's range of Broadcast and ProAV products, please visit:
•AW-UE50W/K, AW-UE40W/K: https://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/products/aw-ue50-40/
- *1: Based on the brand share of Global sales of Futuresource PTZ Camera Report 2020.
- *2: Please check the features of each model on each product page. In addition, these features are at the time of development and are subject to change in the future.
- *3: AW-HE20W/K is FHD output instead of 4K.
- *4: It is not installed in AW-UE20W/K and AW-HE20W/K.
- *5: Plus, AW-UE80W/K has electronic image stabilization. AW-UE20W/K and AW-HE20W/K are not supported.
- *6: CNS research
- *7: Not installed in AW-UE20W/K and AW-HE20W/K.
- *8: A protocol that outputs camera tracking data for AR / VR systems. AW-UE80W/K outputs camera pan / tilt / zoom / focus information required for AR / VR composition, etc.
- *9: Only AW-UE80W/K supports FreeD protocol
- *10: The maximum angle of view of AW-UE20W/K and AW-HE20W/K is 71 °, and the maximum zoom is 12x.
- *11: Here, NDI®|HX means High efficiency low bandwidth NDI®|HX. NDI® is a new live video production workflow support protocol for IP usage developed by NewTek, Inc. NDI® is a registered trademark of NewTek, Inc. in the United States.
- *12: AW-UE80W/K is compatible with NDI®|HX as standard, but AW-UE50W/K and AW-UE40W/K need to be activated separately. AW-UE20W/K and AW-HE20W/K do not support NDI®. AW-UE80W/K also supports High Bandwidth NDI® (up to FHD).
- *13: The USB terminal is not attached to the AW-UE80W/K. Also, AW-UE40W/K does not have an SDI terminal.
- *14: AW-UE80W/K is PoE ++ compatible, AW-UE50W/K, AW-UE40W/K, AW-UE20W/K and AW-HE20W/K are PoE + compatible.
- *15: The Auto Tracking Software AW-SF100/200 must be purchased separately, but a 90-day free trial is available.
- *16: Lineup of CNS Remote Camera Controllers AW-RP150GJ and AW-RP60GJ
- *17: https://www.panasonic.com/global/corporate/history/chronicle/1952.html
- *18: https://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/olympic/