Panasonic Introduces The AW-HE60S/H and AW-HE2 New HD Integrated Cameras
* The Industry's First Full-HD Integrated Pan-Tilt HD/SD Camera Capable of IP Image Monitoring*1 *
To be displayed at the International Broadcast Equipment Exhibition, "IBC2012 (Europe)"
Amsterdam, Netherlands (September 7, 2012) -- Panasonic Corporation will release the HD integrated cameras, AW-HE60S, AW-HE60H and AW-HE2 in December 2012. The AW-HE60S and AW-HE60H are the first cameras to be capable of IP image monitoring.
The new AW-HE60S and HE60H HD integrated cameras are equipped with a 1/3 type Full-HD MOS sensor and 18x optical zoom lens. Multiple HD/SD format signals can be outputted. The video output interfaces include HD/SD SDI output (AW-HE60S only), HDMI digital video output supporting the 1080p output (AW-HE60H only), analog component (D-sub15 pin) output, and analog composite output. They incorporate the dynamic range stretch (DRS) function to minimize saturation in highlights and blocking in dark areas and the hybrid digital noise reduction (Hybrid DNR) function for suppressing afterimages even in dimly lit situation. They are also equipped with an infrared "Night mode"*2 for shooting at night or in dark places. Furthermore, they incorporate mechanisms for panning of ±175 degrees and tilting between 90 and -30 degrees and preset memories for 100 points.
These products will be placed on display at the European International Broadcasting Equipment Exhibition "IBC2012" to be held at the RAI Centre in Amsterdam from Friday, September 7 to Tuesday, September 11.
*1: AW-HE60S/H only. Supports the industry's first video streaming as a camera integrated with a rotating table (as of August 2012, research by Panasonic)
Description of the main features of the AW-HE60S and HE60H
1. 1/3-Type Full-HD MOS Sensor and 18x Optical Zoom Lens
2. Incorporates DRS, Hybrid DNR and Infrared Night Mode
3. IP Control with IP monitoring
4. Compact design for space saving and turn-lock mounting mechanism.
Description of main features of the AW-HE2
1. 1/2.33 type 14-megapixel MOS sensor and an ultra-high resolution 2x "i.Zoom."
2. Multiple HD/SD formats including Full-HD progressive signals.
3. IP connection supports camera controls (electronic pan/tilt/zoom) and image streaming.
Electronic pan/tilt/zoom control is possible with image cropping. It is equipped with a preset memory for up to nine points. The remote control panel AW-RP50 for Panasonic HD integrated cameras or a PC/Mac can control up to 100 units of the AW-HE2N via a switching hub through IP connections. Furthermore, the IP image output function allows IP image to be transmitted to a terminal*.
4. Space saving compact design with a diameter of 55 mm and length of 135 mm.