Ideal for Use in Medical Recording
Portable Recorder System "POVCAM" is Released
High-Definition 4K Image Acquisition with 20x Optical Zoom and Surgical Lamp Mode.
LAN Connection for IP Remote and IP Streaming Compatibility.
Panasonic has offered the AG-MDR15/MDC10G Full-HD Medical Camera System since 2010. In addition to providing the high-quality HD images demanded in the medical field today, the AG-MDR25/AG-MDC20GJ successor models now being developed also provide high-definition 4K images and IP connectivity with PCs and networks.
The AG-MDR25 Memory Card Portable Recorder features double SD memory card slots for SDXC memory cards to allow extended, non-stop relay recording. Connecting the AG-MDR25 Memory Card Portable Recorder with the AG-MDC20GJ 4K Compact Camera Head with an optional, 20-meter cable enables vivid 4K (3840 x 2160) 29.97p image acquisition*1 while operating the camera at the recorder. The control section uses switches that are covered by a membrane sheet for easy wiping with ethanol for disinfection. In addition to 3G-SDI input/output, mic/line input, and HDMI output, the recorder is equipped with a LAN terminal. Camera remote operation (zoom, focus and iris adjustment) while recording is also possible from a PC or a tablet for monitoring or transferring recorded files to an FTP server.
The AG-MDC20GJ 4K Compact Camera Head is both easy to install and superbly mobile. It is equipped with a 20x Optical Zoom Lens, a 16-Axis Independent Color Correction function that enables fine color reproduction, and a Surgical Lamp mode. Degraded resolution due to excessive iris adjustment under the brightness of the Surgical Lamp mode is prevented by manual switching of an optical ND filter for optimal brightness adjustment.
The POVCAM is also equipped with other specifications and functions for medical recording, such as a 5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer, which is effective for shooting with arm operation.
These new models were exhibited at the NAB Show in Las Vegas, U.S.A., from April 24 (Monday) to 27 (Thursday), 2017.
< Main Features >
- Compact, lightweight, free-style shooting inherited from the 1st generation POVCAM.
- Reliably designed especially for medical applications
- High-quality, high-resolution image production for medical recording.
- Excellent network operation through IP remote and IP streaming.
Main Features of the AG-MDR25/AG-MDC20GJ "New POVCAM"
1. Compact, lightweight, free-style shooting inherited from the 1st generation POVCAM.
- The fit-anywhere Compact Camera Head features a built-in stereo mic, and ceiling-suspended shooting capability.
- The Compact Camera Head can be remotely operated from the compact, lightweight, battery-driven Memory Card Portable Recorder.
- A touch-panel LCD monitor improves operations such as menu settings and user button allocations.
2. Reliably designed especially for medical applications.
- Complies with IEC Medical Electrical Standards (IEC60601-1) and EMC Standards (IEC60601-1-2).
- A lens protector (MC Protector, included) comes as standard equipment for the front panel of the Compact Camera Head.
- Recorder controls are covered with a membrane sheet for easy cleaning with an ethanol disinfectant.
3. High-quality, high-resolution image production for medical recording.
- Wide-angle 29.5mm (35mm camera equivalent)/20x optical zoom lens. High-resolution Intelligent Zoom (i.Zoom) and Digital Zoom.
- Support high-resolution 4K*/FHD progressive and multi-format image recording.
- Optical image stabilizer (HD/4K) and Five-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer (HD) for strong image correction. A custom OIS is also equipped for optimal ceiling mounting or universal head installation.
- Surgical Light mode for recording under surgical lamps, and 16-Axis Independent Color Correction function
- Optical ND filter ideal for bright surgical lights.
- SDXC/SDHC Memory Card compatibility. Double slot function enables relay shooting. Extended, continuous acquisition supported.
- High-resolution image files can be cut out from recorded data. Ideal for use in conference presentations.
4. Excellent network operation through IP remote and IP streaming.
- A LAN terminal enables IP control (zoom, focus, iris adjustment, etc.) from a PC or tablet device, and IP streaming to a PC or tablet device, as well as FTP transfers of recorded files.
- SDI input supports FHD progressive image acquisition from endoscopes and other devices.
- HDMI output supports 4K/FHD. Triple simultaneous output is possible, including SDI output and IP streaming.*
- Equipped with Remote (REC Start/Stop, Zoom, Focus and Iris Adjustment) operation, audio input (line/mic), and a USB 2.0 terminal for mass storage.