Panasonic introduces an HD color viewfinder
featuring a newly developed 3.45-type LCD panel.
Three times more pixels and easier focusing.
March 23, 2020
Osaka, Japan (March 23, 2020) – Panasonic Corporation releases to the market in April 2020 the AJ-CVF25GJ HD color viewfinder. Developed as a successor to the AG-CVF15G, the new AJ-CVF25GJ electronic viewfinder is designed to mount on a Panasonic shoulder-mounted ENG camera recorder*1 or studio camera*2.
The AJ-CVF25GJ is equipped with a newly developed 3.45-type LCD panel (approximately 2,760,000 dots) that offers higher contrast and brightness than the previous model and boasts three times higher pixel density, thus realizing more precise and easier focusing.
The AJ-CVF25GJ can be opened (flip-up type) at either of two positions, the lens barrel or the front side of the LCD panel, just like the previous model, so that the operator can view the LCD screen directly from either the back or side of the camera according to shooting situations. Furthermore, the image can be displayed in a reduced size (83%) automatically or manually when the eyepiece is opened.
The image adjustment dial and other controls are laid out in the same pattern as on a conventional viewfinder for ENG camcorders. The back tally (with slide cover switch) is provided at the location where only the operator can see. Furthermore, the AJ-CVF25GJ is provided newly with a yellow tally that can be used in live recording with a studio camera, thus ensuring a comfortable video recording experience.
- *1: Connectable camera recorders: Currently available models; AJ-PX380G, AJ-PX800G, AJ-PX5100GJ and AJ-CX4000GJ,
Discontinued models; AJ-PX5000G, AG-HPX600, AJ-HPX610, AJ-HPX2000P, AJ-HPX2100E, AJ-HPX2700G, AJ-HPX3000,
- *2: Connectable studio cameras: AK-HC3500 series, AK-HC3800 series, AK-HC5000 series, AK-UC3000 series
and AK-UC4000 series
< Main Features >
- Equipped with a newly developed 3.45-type color HD LCD panel with improved image quality and higher brightness.
- Opens at either the lens barrel section or LCD panel upper section to enable direct viewing of the LCD screen from the back or side of the camera.
- Conventional switch layout has been maintained to ensure full compatibility with broadcast station.
< Product Features >
1. Equipped with a newly developed 3.45-type color HD LCD panel with improved image quality and higher brightness
- The newly developed 3.45-type LCD panel displays high-quality images in HD (720 p) resolution.
- The LCD panel offers higher contrast and brightness than the previous model (AG-CVF15G).
2. Opens at either the lens barrel section or LCD panel upper section to enable direct viewing of the LCD screen from the back or side of the camera.
- The AJ-CVF25GJ can be opened (flip-up type) at either one of two positions so that the LCD panel can be viewed directly from the back or side of the camera.
- The image can be displayed in a reduced size (83%) automatically or manually when the eyepiece is flipped up.
3. Conventional switch layout has been maintained to ensure full compatibility with broadcast station application as well as studio cameras.
- The layout of operation switches and control dials is the same as that on a conventional viewfinder for ENG camcorders.
- Equipped with a back tally (with slide cover) for the camera operator.
- The display panel screen (OSD) features a yellow tally for use with a studio camera.
< Main Specifications >
|Power Supply:||DC 12 V (supplied by the camera)|
|Power Consumption:||7.0 W|
|Weight:||Approx. 660 ｇ (1.5 lb)|
|Dimensions:||249 mm x 78 mm x 227 mm (W x H x D)
(9-13/16 inches x 3-3/32 inches x 8-15/216 inches)
|Panel Size:||87.6 mm (3.45 inches) LCD color monitor
(Approx. 2,760,000 dots)
|Video Format:||1080/50i, 1080/59.94i (auto switching)|
|External Adjuster:||Control Knob
PEAKING, CHROMA, CONTRAST, BRIGHT
B.LIGHT (HIGH/NOR/LOW), ZEBRA (ON/OFF/MOMENT),
TALLY (HIGH/OFF/LOW), PIC.SEIZE (AUTO/FULL)
|Display Lamp:||Front tally lamp, Back tally lamp (ON/OFF with lever)|
|LCD Display:||Green tally, !, Amber tally, Yellow tally, TALLY/REC, BATT, SAVE indicator|