Various output interfaces such as 12G-SDI
Panasonic to Release AW-UE100W/K, the Industry’s First*1
4K/60p*5 PTZ Camera to Support NDI®*2, SRT*3 and FreeD*4
August 21, 2020
Osaka, Japan (August 21, 2020) – Panasonic Corporation will release the 4K Integrated Camera AW-UE100W/K, a compact camera equipped with a range of functions including 4K 60p/50p*5 shooting and 12G-SDI output, in August, 2020.*6
The camera supports a range of video transmission protocols, such as high bandwidth NDI®, which allows low latency transmission of high-quality live video over a single LAN cable, and SRT*3, which has strong security suitable for unstable network environments. It supports next-generation video production such as shooting for live video distribution. In addition, support for FreeD*4, which can connect to an AR/VR*7 system without the use of an encoder, makes virtual studio shooting possible.
12G-SDI, 3G-SDI, HDMI and IP output terminals are also included, enabling output in various formats, such as 4K 60p/50p.*5 This allows for system construction and operation in a wide range of situations.
In addition, the rotating section of the camera is equipped with a newly-developed high-precision Direct Drive motor for improved operability, responsiveness and quietness during pan and tilt operations.
The AW-UE100W/K is suitable for a wide range of production environments, from live video distribution of events to shooting studio programs.
Panasonic aims to create A Better Life, A Better World. The continued development of their range of PTZ Cameras provides new value to professionals in the event and live production industries.
■ Main features
- High bandwidth NDI® and high efficiency low bandwidth NDI®｜HX as standard
- Shooting with 24x optical zoom and a 74.1° horizontal angle of view
- 4K 60p/50p*5 shooting and 12G-SDI output
- Next-generation video transmission protocol SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) supported
- High-precision Direct Drive motor for rotating section
[ Main features ]
1. High bandwidth NDI® and high efficiency low bandwidth NDI®｜HX as standard
High bandwidth NDI® support enables video transmission of up to 250 Mbps with 4K video and up to 125 Mbps with full HD video. High efficiency low bandwidth NDI® | HX, which allows for stable video transmission even at low bit rates, is also supported.
2. Shooting with 24x optical zoom and a 74.1° horizontal angle of view
In addition to 24x optical zoom, the inclusion of i.Zoom enables super resolution zooming of up to 28x in 4K mode and 36x in HD mode, allowing distant subjects to be captured clearly. The camera is also equipped with 1.4x and 2x digital extender zoom, while the 74.1° horizontal angle of view enables a wide area to be shot from a limited installation space.
3. 4K 60p/50p*5 shooting and 12G-SDI output
4K 60p/50p*5 shooting at 3840 × 2160 allows for smooth, high-quality images to be captured of situations with movement. The camera is also equipped with four output interfaces (12G-SDI, 3G-SDI, HDMI and IP) for a range of operations.
4. Next-generation video transmission protocol SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) supported
Secure, stable video transmission can be performed over public lines.
Video data is encrypted before transmission to ensure security.
The packet loss recovery function automatically detects and retransmits packets lost during transmission, ensuring smooth, stable video transmission.
The flexible and adaptable buffer management system enables stable video transmission even in network environments with unstable bit rates.
5. High-precision Direct Drive motor for rotating section
A noise level of NC30 or less is ensured while maintaining high operability covering a wide range of speeds for pan and tilt operations, from slow movement of 0.08° per second to ultra-high speeds of 180° per second, and the responsiveness to accurately capture the target area.
- *1: According to Panasonic research as of August, 2020.
- *2: NDI® is a new live video production workflow support protocol for IP use developed by NewTek in the United States. In this instance, NDI® is used to indicate high bandwidth NDI®.
- *3: Initialism of Secure Reliable Transport.
- *4: FreeD is a widely-used protocol for transmitting camera tracking data in virtual studios.
- *5: Actual output format is UHD (3840 x 2160) 59.94p/50p.
- *6: Release dates may vary by region.
- *7: AR is an initialism of augmented reality. VR is an initialism of virtual reality.
- ● NDI® and NDI®｜HX are registered trademarks of NewTek in the United States.
For more information on Panasonic's range of Broadcast and ProAV products, please visit: