PANASONIC L.I.V.E. SERIES SHOWCASES VIRTUAL INNOVATIONS
IN THE BROADCAST & MEDIA INDUSTRY
Panasonic’s L.I.V.E. Series brings to life its vision
for the future of broadcasting with its Smart Live Production concept.
September 30, 2020
Osaka, Japan (September 30, 2020) – Panasonic today launched its new L.I.V.E. Series, designed to lift the lid on the ground-breaking capabilities of its technology in virtual studios and to address the challenges of live production in a rapidly changing industry. Recorded with partners at four different studios across Europe, the Panasonic Live Integrated Video Experience (L.I.V.E.) Series is aimed at industry insiders looking to harness the latest broadcast and production technology and techniques and design their own virtual studio.
Challenges addressed in the five-episode series include managing the move to remote production and the necessary workflow changes, enhancing the production value of live streamed content and the adoption of VR and AR technologies.
The first episode to follow the introduction that kicks off the series was produced at Creative Technology’s virtual studio in London, and showcases Panasonic’s ‘Smart Live Production’, a concept covered throughout the series. Smart Live Production places KAIROS, Panasonic’s next generation IT/IP live video processing platform, at the heart of an end-to-end solution that operates seamlessly with Panasonic’s leading camera systems, projectors and displays, and that can be integrated into other existing systems.
Alongside each studio episode, there is an accompanying behind-the-scenes feature showing how the episode was made and additional partner interviews and content.
■ Panasonic innovations explored in the Series include:
- Kairos – the next-generation IT/IP live video processing platform, offering uncompressed processing, unlimited video layers, and a latency of just a single frame.
- The AW-UE100 camera – A 4K 50/60p*1 PTZ camera that supports high-bandwidth NDI®*2, NDI®|HX and SRT*3, and the FreeD*4 protocol for building AR and VR*5 systems.
- The new-look system-camera line-up, including an introduction to the entry-level AK-HC3900 and mid-range AK-UC3300 cameras.
- The 8K ROI (Region Of Interest) camera system, an automatised production tool able to provide up to 5 different virtual camera shots from a single camera position by cropping into a large 8K canvas.
- Robotics – to enable smooth and automated movements that can be managed remotely, to provide more dynamic images and engaging content.
To watch the first episode in the series and to register to receive notifications for further episodes visit:
- *1: Actual output format is UHD (3840 x 2160) 59.94p/50p.
- *2: NDI® is a new live video production workflow support protocol for IP use developed by NewTek in the United States. In this instance , NDI® is used to indicate high bandwidth NDI®.
- *3: SRT: Secure Reliable Transport.
- *4: FreeD: Widely used protocol for transmitting camera tracking information, mainly in virtual studio systems.
- *5: AR: Augmented Reality. VR:Virtual Reality.