Panasonic releases version upgrade for the AG-CX350,
AG-CX10 and AJ-CX4000GJ 4K camcorder/CX Series
Improved network compatibility such as P2HD proxy recording,
4K streaming and SRT streaming.
April 16, 2021
Osaka, Japan (April 16, 2021) – Panasonic Corporation has upgraded the version of the firmware for the AG-CX350, AG-CX10 and AJ-CX4000GJ memory card camera recorders, and will be providing it for free of charge at the end of May of this year (AG-CX10 will be providing it at the end of June of this year). We will also be releasing a new version of the tablet/smartphone app CX ROP for the AG-CX350 and AJ-CX4000GJ at the same time.
The 4K camcorder/CX Series is a camcorder for broadcasting and professional use that combines 4K/HDR/10bit high quality recording and live streaming/IP connection network functions, and offers high-quality solutions for news, video production and streaming. This version upgrade realizes remote work of news coverage, production and streaming and high-quality live streaming by mainly enhancing the network functions, and meets the needs of broadcasting and video production after the COVID-19 pandemic.
First, AVC-Proxy G6 recording is supported with P2HD format recording for broadcasting. It supports network operation such as news flashes with a low bit rate and FHD resolution. With the link to the IoT Cloud Platform* provided by Panasonic, it enables near-live uploading and preview/camera settings/metadata transmission from a remote location. Furthermore, 4K streaming and SRT protocols are supported to enable you to conduct even higher quality live streaming. In terms of operation, it is equipped with a face detection/tracking AE & AF function to reduce the number of operations for one-operation news coverage. It is compatible with the version upgrade of these camcorders and will improve the functions have been improved for the CX ROP app.
With this latest version upgrade, the 4K camcorder/CX Series will further respond to user needs and technology of the times and support workflow innovations for broadcast and video production.
Panasonic will continue to provide new valuethat supports those working in the production, broadcasting or video streaming through the collaboration of IoT technology and camera recorders to create a better life and a better world.
- * On presale in Japan.
May 2021 version upgrade items of 4K camcorder/CX Series
AG-CX350/AJ-CX4000GJ Memory Card Camera Recor
- Low bit rate and FHD resolution AVC-Proxy G6 (sub) data can be recorded at the same as the main recording.*1 The sub-recording gamma setting can be set to V-709 if the main recording is set to V-log, and to SDR when the main recording is set to SDR.
- Supports operation linked with Panasonic’s IoT Cloud Platform. Remote operation such as GPS (AJ-CX4000GJ only) and video previews, uploading during and after recording and camera setup is possible from a remote location via the cloud.
- Clip metadata (cameraperson, location, date, time, text memory, etc.) is added to the clips. In addition to the camera itself, data settings can be transferred from an SD card, the CX ROP app or the cloud.
- A list of clip metadata can be displayed on the camcorder’s LCD monitor.
- Shot Marks can be attached to the clips and only the marked clips can be displayed and uploaded. *2
- 4K streaming with RTMP/RTMPS/RTSP/SRT protocols are supported.*3
H.264/H.265 codec and 8/12/25/50/75 Mbps bitrate can be selected. Also supports USB tethering using a 5G smartphone and automatic uploading to a specified server.
- SRT protocol enables high-quality streaming. Both of Client/Listener mode and encryption are supported. *4
- Equipped with face detection AE & AF. Automatic tracking AE & AF of the subject touched on the LCD is possible (AG-CX350 only). *5
CX ROP Tablet/Smartphone App
- Clip metadata supported. Metadata can be sent from CX ROP to a camcorder and be recorded onto a recording clip.
- Supports connection port number settings. Prevent trouble caused by duplication with other apps.
- The automatic camera search function supports multi-camera mode (up to eight cameras). A list of cameras on the network (IP address) can be displayed, selected and set.
June 2021 version upgrade items of 4K camcorder/CX Series
AG-CX10 Memory Card Camera Recorder
- Low bit rate and FHD resolution AVC-Proxy G6 (sub) data can be recorded at the same as the main recording.*6
- *1: Proxy recording cannot be used during MOV/AVCHD/AVC-LongG12 codec recording, streaming, NDI|HX, VFR, interval recording, simulcast recording, background recording and timestamp recording.
- *2: Shot mark cannot be used during MOV/AVCHD codec recording, interval recording and when playback is paused.
- *3: Not compatible with NDI|HX connection. During 4K streaming, recording, thumbnail display, and playback cannot be performed at the same time. There are format and bit rates that cannot be set depending on the mode such as H264, RTMP and SRT.
- *4: SRT streaming does not support 24p video and SD video.
- *5: The face detection AE & AF does not function during infrared recording, VFR/super slow recording or when using Expand/Focus Assist or AREA/AF AREA.
- *6: Proxy recording cannot be used during MOV/MP4/AVCHD/AVC-LongG12 codec recording, streaming, NDI|HX, interval recording, simulcast recording, background recording and timestamp recording.
For more information about CX Series Camera Recorders, please visit the product page.