Notes when using P2 series
Notes Regarding the Handling of P2 Files Using a PC
Mounting and Transferring Files
The PC must be installed with the included P2 driver in order to recognize, copy and transfer P2 files. This driver is also necessary when using the PC card slot and when handling P2 files stored on a hard-disk device, such as P2 store. For other operating requirements, refer to the P2 driver and the P2 installation manual.
Preview and Nonlinear Editing
To preview (play) P2 files on a PC, it is necessary to install P2 Viewer Plus software (downloadable for free, for Windows and Mac), both from Panasonic, or P2-compatible editing software available from other companies (for details, see "P2 Partners"). Note that each software places specific requirements on the operating environment, and the operating environment must meet additional requirements to play and edit HD content on Windows PCs and Macs. To see P2 Viewer Plus download and operating requirement information. For operating requirements and details of other P2 editing software, visit the website of the relevant software manufacturer.
** Notes Regarding Network Connections
- For 4G/LTE connection: 4G/LTE module is required from a 3rd party. Availability of this function may vary depends on areas. For details, please see "Connection confirmed 4G/LTE Module".
- For wireless LAN connection: Wireless module (optional) is required. For the connection confirmed wireless module details please visit "Connection confirmed Wireless Module". For the OS, browser, device compatibility information, see “Service and Support”
- For streaming: Transfers only to a designated server (one server). The proxy image cannot be recorded while streaming. The streaming function cannot be used together with dual codec recording and simultaneous recording, or with the Rec during Uploading function. For details on downloading and the operating environment of video streaming compatible application software, see “Support & Download”. For streaming, 4G/LTE USB modem and PC must be able to access directly each other by Public IP (Global IP). Please contact your provider to get Public IP (Global IP). To display the streaming video using P2 browser, player is required (VLC MEDIA PLAYER for Windows PC, QuickTime Player for Mac). P2 Streaming Receiver software (Windows only, not supported by Mac; available free of charge) is required for receiving the QoS mode. Please visit "Software Download".
- For LiveU and TVU bonding services: Connection requires communication devices offered by both LiveU and TVU Networks. For details, please visit “Connection Confirmed Bonding Devices”.
Precautions When Using SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards with the AJ-P2AD1G Memory Card Adapter
- Only the DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, and AVC-Intra50 recording formats can be used when using the Memory Card Adapter on P2 Series products. Memory cards of Class 10 or higher are recommended, but recording may not be possible with some cards.
- DVCPRO HD and AVC-intra100 cannot be used.
- Memory card data capacity must be 4 GB to 128 GB.
- Interval Rec, One-Shot Rec, Loop Rec, or One-Clip Rec cannot be used.
- If the reading performance is insufficient during playback, frames might be skipped (Best-effort playback).
- When copying clips that extend over two SDHC/SDXC memory cards onto another SDXC/SDHC memory card, the connecting relationship between the cards will not be saved. Under certain conditions, the connecting relationship between original and copied SDXC/SDHC memory cards is saved.
Note Regarding 24 bit Audio
Clips recorded using 24 bit audio must be played back with 24 bit compatible P2 equipment or the P2 Viewer Plus. If clips are played back with equipment not compatible with 24 bit audio, the clip number will be indicated in red and the clips will not be played back.Clips recorded using 24 bit audio must be played back with 24 bit compatible P2 equipment or the P2 Viewer Plus. If clips are played back with equipment not compatible with 24 bit audio, the clip number will be indicated in red and the clips will not be played back.