VariCam LT Firmware Upgrade Schedule
Schedule on this document is subject to change without notice.
As of 6th July, 2018
< 10th July 2018 > VariCam LT firmware ver.7.0 is scheduled for release.
- Supports Custom Splash Screen capability for theft deterrent measure
< 19th February, 2018 > Firmware ver. 6.0 is scheduled for release.
Ready for Live
- Shading mode
- Full control from AK-HRP1000/1005
- Return video
< 5th October, 2017 > Firmware ver. 5.5.2 is scheduled for release.
- The process of leveling the recording bit rates in 4K60p format is added to improve the stability of images when recording a subject that changes extremely in a short period of time.
- Ver. 24.20 (released on Sept. 19, 2017) has a problem, and this is fixed. If the lens is attached/detached, REC operation starts.
< 19th September, 2017 > Firmware ver. 5.5.1 is scheduled for release.
- Newly support an EF lens, Canon CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S (Compact Cine Servo Lens)
- Add alarm function when a corrupt video file is detected
- Newly support a Chinese GUI
- Enhance collaboration with third-party apps for grading tool, making it possible to transmit property data, such as video clip name or color information, to the apps via LAN or wireless LAN
< 15th June, 2017 > Firmware ver. 5.5 is scheduled for release.
- 240p RAW output
- RAW OUTPUT = SINGLE can be selected when MAIN CODEC = OFF
- Support "EF24-105mm F4L IS USM (CANON)"
- RDD18(Camera meta, includes Clip name) on MON output
- REC Check
- Expanded frame rate range in HIGH SPEED mode down to 1fps
- "ADD" and "DELETE" for SHUTTER/WB/EI on ROP
- Anamorphic desqueeze on play back image
- Support WM50MC(for China) and PLANEX GW-900D(for Japan)
- USER CLIP NAME TYPE3 on OSD is off as default
- FF/REW icon on control panel and added x16 speed
- Software can be rebooted from control panel
< 17th February 2017 > Menu Simulator is scheduled for release.
- Newly support Menu Simulator for new firmware (ver. 5.0)
< 10th February 2017 > VariCam ROP App is scheduled for release.
- Newly support Remote Control App “VariCam ROP” for iPad
< 6th February 2017 > Firmware ver. 5.0 is scheduled for release.
- Expand ProRes recording
- Newly support 2K recording
- Newly added “ProRes 4444 XQ”, “ProRes 422 and “ProRes 422 LT”
- Newly support VFR in ProRes 4444/4444 XQ recording
- AVC-LongG G50/G25 recording support (HD only) & microP2 Adapter support
- “2.00:1” aspect can be selected for Frame Signal
- Enable to assign “VFR (ON/OFF)” to USER SW
- “Image Invert” & “Surround View” can be selected independently
- “Audio Level Meter” can be selected to display on SDI OUT