Panasonic Develops 4K Studio Camera System with High Sensitivity, Low Noise and Excellent Color Reproduction Achieves Horizontal and Vertical Resolution of 2,000 TV Lines
July 29, 2020
Osaka, Japan (July 29, 2020) – Panasonic Corporation has developed the AK-UC3300GJ/UC3300GSJ, a 4K Studio Camera with high video quality equipped with a large 4K sensor. It is scheduled for release in the fourth quarter, 2020.
The AK-UC3300GJ/UC3300GSJ is equipped with a large 11-megapixel 4K image sensor and uses oversampling to achieve a horizontal and vertical resolution of 2,000 TV lines. With high sensitivity of F10 (2,000 lx), it enables high-quality video shooting with low noise while maintaining a S/N ratio of 62 dB or higher.
4K and HD multiformat support including 2160/59.94p and 1080/59.94p is provided to enable operation that fits various production application. The interface significantly improves the operability of 4K video production and supports 12G-SDI output*1 capable of sending uncompressed 4K video with a single coaxial cable, TICO*2 over SDI (4K over 3G-SDI) output*1, which enables the transmission of 4K signals over conventional 3G-SDI cables, and the next-generation IP transmission standard SMPTE ST2110*3.
The new Remote Operation Panel (ROP) AK-HRP1015GJ on top of current AK-HRP1000GJ, which offers excellent operability, and the high-resolution 1.78 cm (0.7 inches) Full HD OLED Color Viewfinder AJ-CVF70GJ, which supports comfortable, high-quality on-site shooting, have also been developed as part of the camera system.
In addition to shooting in studios, the 4K Studio Camera system contributes to optimal video production in dynamic environments with flexible support for various applications, including in situations that require high operability such as live broadcasting of events.
Panasonic will continue to develop and expand its studio camera portfolio and provide new value that can support the people working at studios and online live events to create a better life and a better world for its customers.
- * This unit does not support Build-up Units. When using box lenses, a lens supporter from the lens manufacturer is required.
■ Main features
1. 11-megapixel 4K image sensor, high sensitivity of F10 and resolution of 2,000 TV lines both horizontally and vertically while maintaining a S/N ratio of 62 dB or higher
2. 4K/HD multiformat support including 2160/59.94p and 1080/59.94p, allowing for flexible operation adapted to various production application
3. Support for various interfaces, including 12G-SDI output*1, TICO*2 over SDI（4K over 3G-SDI）output*1 and SMPTE ST2110*3
4. Support for 2x HD high-speed shooting in 1080p、1080i and 720p*1
5. High-speed image scanning of 1/100 second for low-skew shooting
6. Camera system has developed to support comfortable, high quality shooting
Remote Operation Panel (ROP)
AK-HRP1015GJ (scheduled for release in the fourth quarter, 2020)
- * Not available in some areas.
- Camera serial control and IP control are supported
- Up to 99 studio cameras can be controlled
- PoE*4 support and equipped with a robust LAN terminal
1.78 cm (0.7 inches) Full HD OLED Color Viewfinder
AJ-CVF70GJ (scheduled for release in the fourth quarter, 2020)
- 1.78 cm (0.7 inches) Full HD color OLED panel
- Capable of achieving high contrast ratio and pure black
- 38mm large-diameter eyepiece with optical zoom lens
- *1: When connecting to an AK-UCU600PJ/UCU600EJ/UCU600PSJ/UCU600ESJ Camera Control Unit (CCU).
- *2: A codec developed by intoPIX. Stands for “Tiny Codec”.
- *3: Compatible with Camera Control Unit （CCU） AK-UCU600PJ/UCU600EJ/UCU600PSJ/UCU600ESJ in HD mode with IP/12G/3G Interface Kit AK-NP600G （sold separately） equipped.
- *4: Abbreviation of Power over Ethernet.
For more information on Panasonic's range of Broadcast and ProAV products, please visit:
Preliminary Product Information