Release of the IT/IP platform “KAIROS” new mainframe
Offering higher CPU and GPU processing performance.
Increasing system speed, I/Os and recording capacity for advanced applications.
April 20, 2021
AT-KC1000 Kairos Core 1000 (Main Frame)
KAIROS Product List
|Name||Kairos Core 1000||Kairos Core 100||Kairos Control||Kairos Creator|
|Product Name||Main Frame
|Release Date||June 2021||On Sale (Released September 2020)|
AT-KC1000 Standard Equipment Function (AT-KC100 Option Software Key)
|Product Name||4K option
|Release Date||On Sale (Released September 2020)|
Option Software Key
|Product Name||NMOS Option Software Key||Audio Mixer Option|
|Release Date||On Sale (Released September 2020)||On Sale (Released March 2021)|
Osaka, Japan (April 20, 2021) – Panasonic Corporation announces that the new mainframe “Kairos Core 1000（AT-KC1000）” of the next-generation live video production system IT/IP platform “KAIROS” that will significantly improve remote live video production functions for production, rendering and distribution of various events such as professional sports and concerts and broadcasting stations will be released from June 2021.
The IT/IP platform “KAIROS” is a next-generation live video production system that was released in September 2020*. With the recent increase in demand for remote live video production, Panasonic has delivered current KAIROS systems to production companies and major corporations in Europe and the United States such as Creative Technology and LiveX for example.
The new Kairos Core 1000 is a mainframe that handles KAIROS' video processing and I/O. It is equipped with higher performance and functionality than the Kairos Core 100, which is currently on sale.
Panasonic will offer a lineup of the new Kairos Core 1000 (AT-KC1000) and the current Kairos Core 100 (AT-KC100) for live video production applications.
The new Kairos Core 1000 mainframe offers a higher performance CPU and GPU, thereby increasing the system's video processing capacity, and enabling the platform to be utilized in a wider range of more complex productions using a multi-layered composition. The I/O expandability and streaming functions have also been improved.
The Kairos Core 1000 is also standard equipped with the 4K support function, I/O expansion function and CANVAS function. These functions are provided as options for the current Kairos Core 100.
Panasonic strives to improve the functionality and system compatibility of KAIROS and promotes linkage with the partners' products as well as system integration with the aim of establishing KAIROS as a de facto standard of next-generation video production platforms.
Panasonic will continue to develop and expand its platform and provide new value that can support the people working in the production or broadcasting of live videos to create a better life and a better world.
Features of the Kairos Core 1000
- Equipped with a high-performance CPU/GPU and significantly improved video processing capacity. The output has been expanded to 20xHD, 5x4K outputs.
- Equipped with 4K support, I/O expansion and CANVAS functions as a standard.
- The recording capacity of still images and videos (RAM players, clip player) has been significantly increased.
1. Equipped with a high-performance CPU/GPU and significantly improved video processing capacity. The output has been expanded to 20xHD, 5x4K outputs.
- The number of layers has increased significantly by increasing the video processing capacity of the GPU. This allows for more complex and advanced video expression. The feature of KAIROS that effects are possible with no limit to the number of MEs and keys will be further expanded.
- The output that can be used at the same time has been expanded to 20xHD and 5x4K outputs (the current product*1 features 16xHD and 4x4K outputs).
- The RTP/SRT/RTMP streaming has been expanded to 8 inputs and 2 outputs (currently*1 6 inputs and 2 outputs). The RTSP streaming has been expanded to 8 inputs (currently*1 6 inputs).
2. Equipped with 4K support, I/O expansion and CANVAS functions as a standard.
- By equipping the 4K support function and I/O expansion function as a standard, video input/output including 4K is realized without options.
- The CANVAS function is equipped as a standard, and support 8K. By improving the GPU’s video processing capability, it is possible to make full use of the multi-layered video composition and output high resolution 8K video.
3. The recording capacity of still images and videos (RAM players, clip player) has been significantly increased.
- The RAM player (uncompressed) has increased its capacity to 64 GB (currently*1 24 GB), and approximately 170 seconds of HD video/approximately 42 seconds of 4K video can be saved. The clip player (compressed) has increased its capacity to 180 GB (currently*1 70 GB), and approximately 55 minutes of HD video/approximately 14 minutes*2 of 4K video can be saved. 12 GB of still images (currently*1 750 MB) can also be saved. Both can be used as materials in the system.
- *1: The current Kairos Core 100 (AT-KC100)
- *2: Compressed video recording conditions: HD: 440Mb/s, 1080/59.94p, 4:2:2/10bit, 4K: 1.63Gb/s, 2160/59.94p, 4:2:2/12bit
The IT/IP platform “KAIROS” is a live video production platform developed based on a new concept. It offers an open architecture system for live video switching with complete input and output flexibility, resolution and format independence, maximum CPU/GPU processor utilization and virtually unlimited mix/effect (M/E) scalability.
Main features of KAIROS
(Common features of the current Kairos Core 100 and the new Kairos Core 1000)
1. Allows flexible combination of a diversity of input and output interfaces such as ST 2110, NDI® and SDI with a variety of video formats.
- Fully supports baseband signals (12G/3G/HD-SDI, HDMI, Display Port)*1 and IP packets (ST 2110, NDI®, RTP/SRT/RTMP/RTSP*2).
- Supports PTP (Precision Time Control) synchronization and allows the use of ST 2110-based system.
- Two customizable multi-viewer outputs (Display Port) can display up to 36 images.
2. Flexible video expression by GPU processing, such as layered effects with unrestricted number of MEs or keys and format-free CANVAS.
- Unrestricted by the number of MEs or keys. Layers can be placed as many as the GPU capability permits, and keys, scaling and other effects can be applied.
- The CANVAS function (optional) enables the production of videos in a special format, such as 32:9 (for wall display), in addition to the standard 16:9 format. The multi-viewer displays special-format videos in the original format.
- Processing latency can be as low as one frame. Live images of sports events and musical performances can be captured with the ambiences intact.
3. Intuitive GUI, control panel with user assignable keys, software-based operability and expandability.
- ”KAIROS Creator” PC software features an intuitive GUI. GUI control panel can be displayed for space-saving operation.
- The control panel “KAIROS control” can freely assign the functions of each button.
- Addition of application software extends functions or enables linkage of external devices, thus allowing efficient system design according to the application and user needs and ensuring future expandability.
- *1: Deltacast FLEX modules are required for baseband signals.
- *2: RTSP only supports inputs.
- ● NDI® is registered trademarks of NewTek in the United States.
For more information about KAIROS, please visit the product page.