FHD/60p/50p Support with High-Sensitivity, Low-Noise HDR Compatibility.
Best Standard Performance for High Picture Quality.
High Sensitivity, Low Noise 2/3 type 3MOS Image Sensors
The 2.2 megapixel 2/3 type 3MOS (RGB) image sensors offer full-pixel HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, F12 (59.94 Hz) or F13 (50 Hz) sensitivity, and low noise with an S/N of 62 dB (with DNR ON). It also achieves rich gradation and vibrant color reproduction.
2/3 type, 2.2 megapixel MOS sensor
HDR Compliant (HLG “Hybrid Log-Gamma”)
In addition to being equipped with HLG* images, the following functions assist HLG image acquisition.
- SDR Monitoring Gamma: Gamma curves for monitoring HLG images with the SDR viewfinder or other SDR monitor. These gamma curves possess characteristics for expressing the gradation in high-brightness area while maintaining the contrast of ordinary-brightness area.
- HDR/SDR Simultaneous Output: Dual SDI can output both HDR (HLG) and SDR (monitoring gamma) simultaneously.
- One-Push HLG Selector for Viewfinder: While the viewfinder display with monitoring gamma ordinary, the gradation of high-brightness area can be checked by selecting HLG temporarily.
- High-Brightness Zebra Display: The zebra pattern can be displayed in white-out areas of the viewfinder image.
* BT.709 color gamut (BT.2020 is not supported)
SDR (monitoring gamma) View
HLG View on Viewfinder
FHD Image Acquisition by High-Quality AVC-ULTRA Codecs
The AVC-ULTRA codecs feature high-quality, high-efficiency H.264 based video compression. The main recording can be selected from high-quality AVC-Intra200 for mastering applications, AVC-Intra100 with FHD/60p/50p support, AVC-Intra50, or AVC-LongG (50/25/12) for FHD10-bit 4:2:2 with affordable bit rate. While offering a low bit rate suitable for previewing, sub recording AVC-Proxy (proxy data) provides an FHD resolution mode that can be used as is for breaking news and similar applications. The conventional DVCPRO codec is also supported.
* For details, see the Recording Codecs & Video Formats.
HD/SD Multi-Image Format
Images can be acquired by the 1080/60p/50p/60i/50i/30p/24p/25p, 720/60p/50p/30p/24p/25p HD format and SD (480/60i, 576/50i) format. Overseas use is also supported by 59.94Hz/50Hz selection.
* 60i, 60p, 24p, and 30p are actually recorded at 59.94 Hz, 23.98 Hz, and 29.97 Hz respectively. 24p, 25p, and 30p are all available with native mode recording. For details, see the Recording Codecs & Video Formats.
Reliable Recording Media: P2 Card/microP2 Card
The P2 card, which was designed for broadcast use, features a rugged case and highly reliable connector. The microP2 card features high reliability and a large capacity together with a reduced size and cost. In an emergency, an SD memory card can also be used.