Versatile Broadcast Functions for Shooting and Recording
High-Quality Camera Functions for Various Situations
- Two Optical Filters: ND and CC, have four positions each.
The 3200K, 4300K, 5600K and 6300K positions of the CC filter help to express deeper colors.
- CAC (Chromatic Aberration Compensation): When using a CAC compatible lens, the small amount of circumjacent chromatic aberration that is not corrected by the lens is compensated by this process.
- DRS (Dynamic Range Stretcher): Suppresses blocked shadows and blown highlights to achieve a visually wide dynamic range.
- Advanced Flash Band Compensation (FBC): High-precision flash band detection and compensation.
- Gamma: Select from 8 modes (HD/SD/FILMLIKE 1/FILMLIKE 2/FILMLIKE 3/FILM-REC/VIDEO-REC/HLG*1) gamma curves.
- High-Sensitivity DS Gain: High sensitivity is achieved without increasing noise.*2 Combined with gain, this enables a maximum +76 dB,*3 for ultrahigh sensitive recording at minimum subject illumination of 0.004 lx.
- Digital Zoom: 2x/3x/4x digital zoom boost.
*1: In DVCPRO HD recording, HDR information (flags) are not added.
*2: Due to the use of image accumulation, the number of recorded frames per second decreases. This results in a frame-by-frame playback effect.
*3: With super gain set at +42 dB and digital super gain (cumulative mode) at +34 dB.
Monitor/Status Display, QHD High-Resolution Color LCD
Features a QHD (960×540 Pixel) high-resolution color LCD. The status (time code, level meter, media, etc.) view and monitor view (live view, thumbnail, preview) can be switched.
Shooting Assist Functions and Easy Operability
- Focus Assist: “EXPAND” for center zoomed image and “Focus-in-Red” can be displayed on viewfinder.
- Shockless AWB: A smooth transition occurs when switching White Balance modes. This is effective, for example, when moving from outdoors to indoors. It is also equipped with an auto tracking white function.
- WFM/Vectorscope: Simplified waveform and vectorscope display.
- Zebra: Select any two levels from among 0% to 109%, in 1% steps. A mode also allows two patterns to be overlaid and displayed.
- Y-GET: Measures brightness at center and displays numerical data.
- Lens Files: Stores settings for interchangeable lenses.
- Setup Files: Camera setup data files can be saved. It makes color setting easier for multiple cameras.
- Mode Check: Displays a list of the camera settings on the viewfinder and LCD monitor.
- Rec Check: This lets you run a quick playback check of the clip-end.
- User Buttons: Functions can be freely allocated to the five User buttons.
- Back tally, rear tally equipped. ON/OFF switchable.
P2 Card/microP2 Card 2x2 Slot
By providing double slots for each the P2 card and the microP2card, an extended recording time is possible and the following recording functions are achieved.*
- Dual-codec recording: Records a low-rate AVC-Proxy file while recording main data in AVC-Intra/AVC-LongG.
- Simul Rec: Records simultaneously onto two microP2 cards or P2 cards.
- Hot-Swap Rec: Cards can be exchanged while recording, slots can be switched, continuous recording can be performed.
* Cannot be recorded onto microP2 card and P2 card simultaneously.
Versatile Recording Functions
- One-Clip Rec Mode: Records up to 99 consecutive cuts as a single clip. A text memo is automatically attached to the Rec Start point for easy searching for the beginning of the cut.
- Pre Rec: This stores approximately 8 seconds of video and audio data in memory while in standby mode and lets you recover and use the data before you start recording.
- Loop Rec: By allocating the open space on two microP2 cards or two P2 cards, the camera continues to record while maintaining a recording of the most recent, pre-determined period.
- Interval Rec: Automatically records intermittently based on a set interval and recording time.
- One-Shot Rec: A frame-shot recording function useful for producing animations.
- Text Memo*: Up to 100 memos can be posted onto a clip as bookmarks.
- Shot Marker*: Used to mark clips as OK, NG, etc.
- Metadata: Data with information such as the operator's name, shooting location, and text memos can be added.
* Shot marker and text memo cannot be used in Loop Rec, Interval Rec, or One-Shot Rec.
High-Quality 24-bit Four Channel Audio Recording
AVC-Intra and AVC-LongG modes support 24-bit/48 kHz four channel digital audio recording.* Audio source for each channel can be selected for each channel, choosing from mic-in, line-in and wireless receiver.
* The audio signal can be played back by using 24 bit digital audio equipment. For details, refer to “Note Regarding 24 bit Audio”
3G SDI In/Out and Other Versatile Connectors
Features 3G SDI In/Out connectors supporting FHD/60p/50p for a wide variety of operations, including Line Rec, Backup Rec, and SD Down Convert Output. Also features XLR audio input (2 CH) with +48V Phantom power supply, HDMI OUT, TC IN/TC OUT, GENLOCK IN, USB 3.0 (HOST), and USB 2.0 (DEVICE).
Versatile IP/iPad Remote Control Compatibility
- Camera Studio System: The optional camera extension system (AG-CA300G Camera Adapter and AG-BS300 Base Station) supports low-cost studio integration.
- 10-pin Remote Terminal: Dedicated cord supplies power to the remote control and composite images to confirm the menu. Camera remote operation is enabled with the optional AG-EC4G Extension Remote Control Unit or AK-HRP200G Remote Operation Panel.
- IP Remote (LAN Terminal): A wired LAN connection allows the IP remote compatibility. Remote operation, including menu settings, is possible by using the optional AK-HRP200G Remote Operation Panel.
- iPad Remote: P2 ROP APP (downloadable for free from the App Store) for the following iPad*1 wireless remote control operations: Picture Quality Setting, Rec Start/Stop, Clip Thumbnail Display and Proxy Preview, Metadata Display and Editing.
* For all remote controllers, only functions that are supported by the AJ-PX5100GJ can be controlled.
*1: It supports iOS12.
• The Apple App Store and iPad are service marks or trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries.
“P2 ROP App” Control from iPad