USB 3.0 Memory Card Drive for expressP2 Card, P2 Card and microP2 Card *1
The AU-XPD1 Memory Card Drive is a compact, lightweight 1-slot P2 drive. This compact device is driven by bus power*1 from a USB 3.0 interface. It enables space-saving, high-mobility operation when combined with a laptop PC or a MacBook. The AU-XPD1 transfers data at a rate of 2.4 Gbps from a expressP2 card and 1.2 Gbps from a P2 card.*2
It is capable for a high-speed data transfer with the latest Win/Mac OS.*3 This device supports not only the transferring and copying of clips recorded on P2 cards, but also direct editing. The microP2 card can be used with the optional AJ-P2AD1G Memory Card Adapter.
- *1 Requires the optional AJ-P2AD1G Memory Card Adapter to use the microP2 card.
- *2 Connection of the AU-XPD1 requires two USB cables. And a power supply is connected with USB 3.0 port of PC or an AC adaptor.
- *3 The actual transfer rate may be lower due to various factors, such as the file being transferred, the performance of the system (computer/OS) used, the application software and the P2 card version. Transfer rate with P2 card is when using the P2 card F series, E series.
High-Speed Data Transfers with USB 3.0
The AU-XPD1 is equipped with USB 3.0 connectors. Connecting to PC/Mac with USB 3.0, it can transfer P2 files at rate of 2.4 Gbps from a expressP2 card or 1.2 Gbps from a P2 card E series / F series.*
- * The actual transfer rate may be lower due to various factors, such as the file being transferred, the performance of the system (computer/OS) used, the application software and the expressP2 card version. When PC/Mac does not support USB 3.0, the AJ-XPD1 works as USB 2.0 connection. The latest P2 Driver Software (Free download) is required to read / write the P2 card.
Transfer Rate Comparison
Example of transfer speed
expressP2 card AVC-Intra100 (1080/59.54p, 50p)
Data for 30min (48.4GB) can be transferred in 192 sec (9.3 x)
P2 card AVC-LongG 25 (1080/59.94i, 50i)
Data for 30min (6.55GB) can be transferred in 46sec (39.1x)
- M/B: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5 TH
- Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz
- DDR3 16GB
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
- AJ-XPD1 is connected to USB3.0 port. Copy memory card data to external SSD connected to USB3.0 port.
Compatible with expressP2 Card, P2 Card and microP2 Card
The AU-XPD1 supports variety of P2 card series includes expressP2 card, P2 card, and microP2 card when it is used with the optional AJ-P2AD1G Memory Card Adapter.
- * Exchanging hardware, free of charge, might be necessary when expressP2 Card B series used on AU-XPD1.
Compact, Lightweight, Low-cost 1-Slot P2 Drive
The AU-XPD1 is only 33 mm (1-5/16") thick and weighs 280 g (0.62 lbs). It is also relatively inexpensive, and can be used conveniently in the field or on a desktop.*
- * For connection, two USB cables are required. For power supply, please use bundled AC adaptor or connect to USB 3.0 port of the PC/Mac. When it is connected using USB bus power (SIGNAL port only) or USB (POWER port) is connected to USB 2.0 of PC/Mac, power is not supplied appropriately.
High-Speed Data Transfers with the Latest Win / Mac OS
The AU-XPD1 is provided with driver software for Windows (7/8/8.1) and Mac OS X (10.7.5/10.8.5/10.9.3), and supports the latest video applications for nonlinear editing and other tasks.
|Current Consumption||1.8A (total for both USB connectors)|
|Dimensions||W 97 mm x H 33 mm x D 155 mm (W 3-13/16 inches x H 1-5/16 inches x D 6-1/8 inches)
(excluding protruding parts)
|Weight||approx. 280 g (0.62 lb) (excluding packing materials)|
|Connector Configration||USB3.0 Type B connector x 2|
|Operating Temperature||0℃ to 40℃ (32°F to 104°F)|
|Operating Humidity||10% to 85% (no condensation)|
|Card Slot||PC Card Slot x 1
(Card Bus / PCI Express Base Specification)
|PC System Requirements|
|OS||Windows® 7 Professional (SP1) 32bit/64bit|
|Windows® 7 Ultimate (SP1) 32bit/64bit|
|Windows® 8 32bit/64bit|
|Windows® 8.1 32bit/64bit|
|Mac OS x 10.7.5|
|Mac OS x 10.8.5|
|Mac OS x 10.9.3|
|Memory||1GB or more is recommended|
|Interface||USB Ver3.0 compliant|