USB 3.0 Memory Card Drive for expressP2 Card, P2 Card and microP2 Card *1
The AU-XPD1 Memory Card Drive is a compact, lightweight 1-slot P2 drive. This compact device is driven by bus power*1 from a USB 3.0 interface. It enables space-saving, high-mobility operation when combined with a laptop PC or a MacBook. The AU-XPD1 transfers data at a rate of 2.4 Gbps from a expressP2 card and 1.2 Gbps from a P2 card.*2
It is capable for a high-speed data transfer with the latest Win/Mac OS.*3 This device supports not only the transferring and copying of clips recorded on P2 cards, but also direct editing. The microP2 card can be used with the optional AJ-P2AD1G Memory Card Adapter.
- *1 Requires the optional AJ-P2AD1G Memory Card Adapter to use the microP2 card. The production of microP2 cards have been discontinued. When recording to SD memory cards in P2 format, please use SDXC memory cards with video speed class V90 or faster. Please use the latest version of the camera recorder software.
- *2 Connection of the AU-XPD1 requires two USB cables. And a power supply is connected with USB 3.0 port of PC or an AC adaptor.
- *3 The actual transfer rate may be lower due to various factors, such as the file being transferred, the performance of the system (computer/OS) used, the application software and the P2 card version. Transfer rate with P2 card is when using the P2 card F series, E series.
High-Speed Data Transfers with USB 3.0
The AU-XPD1 is equipped with USB 3.0 connectors. Connecting to PC/Mac with USB 3.0, it can transfer P2 files at rate of 2.4 Gbps from a expressP2 card or 1.2 Gbps from a P2 card E series / F series.*
- * The actual transfer rate may be lower due to various factors, such as the file being transferred, the performance of the system (computer/OS) used, the application software and the expressP2 card version. When PC/Mac does not support USB 3.0, the AJ-XPD1 works as USB 2.0 connection. The latest P2 Driver Software (Free download) is required to read / write the P2 card.
Transfer Rate Comparison
Example of transfer speed
expressP2 card AVC-Intra100 (1080/59.54p, 50p)
Data for 30min (48.4GB) can be transferred in 192 sec (9.3 x)
P2 card AVC-LongG 25 (1080/59.94i, 50i)
Data for 30min (6.55GB) can be transferred in 46sec (39.1x)
- M/B: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5 TH
- Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz
- DDR3 16GB
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
- AJ-XPD1 is connected to USB3.0 port. Copy memory card data to external SSD connected to USB3.0 port.
Compatible with expressP2 Card, P2 Card and microP2 Card*1
The AU-XPD1 supports variety of P2 card series includes expressP2 card, P2 card, and microP2 card*1 when it is used with the optional AJ-P2AD1G Memory Card Adapter.
- * Exchanging hardware, free of charge, might be necessary when expressP2 Card B series used on AU-XPD1.
- *1: The production of microP2 cards have been discontinued. When recording to SD memory cards in P2 format, please use SDXC memory cards with video speed class V90 or faster. Please use the latest version of the camera recorder software.
Compact, Lightweight, Low-cost 1-Slot P2 Drive
The AU-XPD1 is only 33 mm (1-5/16") thick and weighs 280 g (0.62 lbs). It is also relatively inexpensive, and can be used conveniently in the field or on a desktop.*
- * For connection, two USB cables are required. For power supply, please use bundled AC adaptor or connect to USB 3.0 port of the PC/Mac. When it is connected using USB bus power (SIGNAL port only) or USB (POWER port) is connected to USB 2.0 of PC/Mac, power is not supplied appropriately.
High-Speed Data Transfers with the Latest Win / Mac OS
The AU-XPD1 is provided with driver software for Windows (7/8/8.1) and Mac OS X (10.7.5/10.8.5/10.9.3), and supports the latest video applications for nonlinear editing and other tasks.
|Current Consumption||1.8A (total for both USB connectors)|
|Dimensions||W 97 mm x H 33 mm x D 155 mm (W 3-13/16 inches x H 1-5/16 inches x D 6-1/8 inches)
(excluding protruding parts)
|Weight||approx. 280 g (0.62 lb) (excluding packing materials)|
|Connector Configration||USB3.0 Type B connector x 2|
|Operating Temperature||0℃ to 40℃ (32°F to 104°F)|
|Operating Humidity||10% to 85% (no condensation)|
|Card Slot||PC Card Slot x 1
(Card Bus / PCI Express Base Specification)
|PC System Requirements|
|OS||Windows® 7 Professional (SP1) 32bit/64bit|
|Windows® 7 Ultimate (SP1) 32bit/64bit|
|Windows® 8 32bit/64bit|
|Windows® 8.1 32bit/64bit|
|Mac OS x 10.7.5|
|Mac OS x 10.8.5|
|Mac OS x 10.9.3|
|Memory||1GB or more is recommended|
|Interface||USB Ver3.0 compliant|