High Image Quality
Wide-Angle 24.5 mm*1 Optical 20x Zoom, Plus i.Zoom
An image shot in a room using the wide angle.
Panasonic boasts the world’s largest market share in the aspherical lens segment. Its cutting-edge optical technology was maximized in the development of the integrated lens used in the AG-CX350. This lens has the industry’s widest angle of 24.5 mm*1 on the wide end and allows recording of wide-angle images with minimal distortion, without the use of a conversion lens. The optical 20x zoom covers up to 490 mm telephoto in all modes. Furthermore, the i.Zoom enables seamless zooming of up to 32x in HD or up to 24x in UHD from the telephoto end with no degradation in resolution. The AG-CX350 also comes with digital 2x/ 5x/ 10x zoom.*2
- *1: In 35 mm equivalent. The AG-CX350’s wide 24.5 mm angle is the widest in the industry for UHD/FHD (16:9). In the segment of camcorders with integrated lens, the Panasonic AG-UX180 achieved the industry’s widest angle of 24 mm in UHD/24p (17:9). For UHD/FHD (16:9), 25.4 mm is the widest angle in the industry. (Both As of March 2020, according to a Panasonic survey)
- *2: When using the digital zoom, picture quality degrades as the magnification rate increases.
New High-Definition, High-Sensitivity 1.0-type 15M MOS Sensor
The 1.0-type MOS (approximately 15,030,000 pixels) offers an outstanding depth of field and excellent balance between image quality and sensitivity. It supports multi-formats, such as UHD (3840 x 2160), FHD, HD and SD, and provides images without cropping in all modes. This MOS sensor also boasts high sensitivity of F12 (60 Hz) /F13 (50 Hz) (in both UHD and FHD in High Sensitivity mode).
Built-in 5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer
5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilize
The AG-CX350 has a built-in hybrid image stabilizer that combines optical and electronic camera shake compensation functions. It corrects camera shake in five axial directions in all modes* including UHD to provide powerful camera shake compensation power in low-angle shooting, high-angle shooting and all other unstable conditions. There are three modes to choose from: NORMAL (standard), STABLE (effective for fixed-frame shooting) and PAN/TILT (effective in panning and tilting).
- * Excluding Super Slow and VFR modes.
HDR-Compliant V-Log/HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma)
13.5 stop Wide Dynamic Range
The AG-CX350 features HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma)* to support HDR (High Dynamic Range,) in addition to V-Log gamma, which is equipped with 13.5 stops of wide dynamic range. The gamma mode can be selected from nine modes (HD, SD, FILMLIKE 1, FILMLIKE 2, FILMLIKE 3, FILM-REC, VIDEO-REC, HLG, V-Log).
- * The HLG specification was developed jointly by Japanese broadcaster NHK and the BBC in the UK. It is defined in ARIB STD-B67 and ITU Rec. 2100.
Intelligent AF and Focus Assist
The AG-CX350’s auto focus system is Intelligent AF, which is equipped with a micro drive focus unit to achieve high focusing speed, excellent tracking performance and superb stability. The AG-CX350 is also equipped with Expand and Peaking (simultaneous display possible), Manual Focus Assist, LCD Touch Focus (switchable to Auto Iris or brightness display) and One-Push AF Focus Assist.
Manual Three Rings
The AG-CX350 comes with Manual Three Rings for zoom, focus and iris control. They deliver quick response and provide tactile feel that satisfies professionals. The zoom lever located at the upper section of the handle has a multi-step variable zoom function, allowing smooth zooming from ultra-low speed when shooting from low angle shooting and when a tripod is used.
Manual Three Rings
Cabled/Wireless Remote Control Capability
Example of Third-party Remote Controller
Wired Remote Control with a Third-Party Controller
The remote terminal (2.5 mm super mini jack) enables the control of the focus and zoom using a remote controller (third-party product).
New HEVC Codec for High-Image-Quality 10-bit UHD/60p Recording at Low Bit Rate
The AG-CX350 is capable of recording in various formats at different compression rates (see “Recording Format”). It can record UHD/60p videos in high-image-quality 10-bit on an SD memory card. It also features a new, high-efficiency HEVC codec (LongGOP, 10-bit, 4:2:0, MOV) . When a PC with 7th Generation Intel Core i7 processor is used, the hardware acceleration enables native decoding and playback. Free software, such as VLC Media Player or QuickTime Player, provides smooth playback on a notebook PC or MacBook with Intel Core i7 processor.*
- * Playback may lack smoothness depending on the PC environment, such as storage and memory devices.
10-bit Variable Frame Rate (VFR) without Cropping
In UHD, variable frame rate (VFR) recording at 1 fps to 60 fps is possible. In FHD, super-slow can be realized at a maximum of 120 fps. Both provide high-quality 10-bit, full-frame pictures with no image area cropping even at high frame rates.
- * VFR and super slow are supported only in MOV recording mode.
MOV/AVCHD/P2 MXF* File Formats Supported
The AG-CX350 records MOV files that are highly compatible and easy to use. This file format is the same as that used on Panasonic’s compact cinema camera, the AU-EVA1, and supports file names with up to 20 characters, allowing recorded video clips to be easily managed. The AG-CX350 also supports conventional AVCHD recording, including the AVCHD 8 Mb/s mode, used widely as the format in college and professional football coaching analysis. And it will support the MXF P2 file format for broadcasting, enabling AVC-Intra or AVC-LongG recording.*
- * Use a microP2 card for recording in P2 format.
Freeze Frame (Still Image Capture)
When playing back video clips on the AG-CX350, any desired frame can be captured as a still image (JPEG) and recorded onto an SD memory card. Video playback, frame advance (+/-), and still-image captures can all be done intuitively by touch panel operation.
Double Memory Card Slots Improve Recording Reliability
Two SD memory card slots capable of using SDXC/SDHC/microP2 cards*1 enable unlimited*2 relay recording by simply changing SD memory cards. Recording reliability is further improved with simultaneous recording and background recording. And the AG-CX350 is equipped with Pre Rec, Interval Rec and Time Stamp recording functions.
Unlimited Relay Recording*2
Automatically records continuously from Slot 1 to Slot 2. By changing a full card with a new card, images can be recorded continuously for many hours.
Identical data is recorded onto cards in both slots in this dual recording mode.
Records ordinary Rec Start/Stop-controlled data in Slot 1, and records all data, even when Slot 1 is stopped, in Slot 2.
- *1: For memory card usage conditions, see the table below.
- *2: If the Relay recording time reaches 10 hours, shooting will temporarily stop, and then automatically restart a few seconds later. If it is recorded in MOV format, the file will be split every 3 hours and recorded.
- *3: Supported only in MOV recording mode.
Available Memory Card
|Format||Memory Card Type||Bit Rate / Recording Function||Speed Class|
|MOV||SDXC memory card/
microP2 card B series
|400 Mbps||Video Speed Class V60 or faster|
|FHD ALL-I VFR (23.98p)/super slow|
|microP2 card A series
|200 Mbps||Video Speed Class V30
UHS Speed Class 3 or faster
|FHD LongG VFR/super slow|
|FHD ALL-I VFR (59.94o/50p/29.97p/25p)|
|50 Mbps||Video Speed Class V10
UHS Speed Class 1
Speed Class 10 or faster
|AVCHD||SDHC/SDXC memory card/microP2 card||All||Speed Class 4 or faster|
|P2*||microP2 card||All P2 recording modes
supported by the AG-CX350*
- * Use a microP2 card for recording in P2 format. For emergency recording, SDXC memory cards can be used for recording in P2 format. but it is not covered under the manufacturer’s support.
|Recording Format||Pixels||Color Sampling||Bit Depth||Bit Rate||File Format||VFR*2||Audio|
|UHD||HEVC LongGOP 200M||3840 x 2160||4:2:0||10 bit||200 Mbps (VBR)||59.94p, 50p||1 to 60 fps [50 fps]
(Max. 200 Mbps)
|24 bit LPCM|
|HEVC LongGOP 150M||3840 x 2160||4:2:0||10 bit||150 Mbps (VBR)||29.97p, 25p, 23.98p|
|HEVC LongGOP 100M||3840 x 2160||4:2:0||10 bit||100 Mbps (VBR)||59.94p, 50p|
|422ALL-I 400M||3840 x 2160||4:2:2||10 bit||400 Mbps (VBR)||29.97p, 25p, 23.98p||1 to 30 fps [25 fps]|
|422LongGOP 150M||3840 x 2160||4:2:2||10 bit||150 Mbps (VBR)||29.97p, 25p, 23.98p||1 to 30 fps [25 fps]|
|420LongGOP 150M||3840 x 2160||4:2:0||8 bit||150 Mbps (VBR)||59.94p, 50p||1 to 60 fps [50 fps]
(Max. 150 Mbps)
|420LongGOP 100M||3840 x 2160||4:2:0||8 bit||100 Mbps (VBR)||29.97p, 25p, 23.98p|
|FHD||422ALL-I 200M||1920 x 1080||4:2:2||10 bit||200 Mbps (VBR)||59.94p, 50p||1 to 60 fps [50 fps]
(Max. 400 Mbps)
|422ALL-I 100M||1920 x 1080||4:2:2||10 bit||100 Mbps (VBR)||29.97p, 25p, 23.98p, 59.94i, 50i|
|422LongGOP 100M||1920 x 1080||4:2:2||10 bit||100 Mbps (VBR)||59.94p, 50p||1 to 60 fps [50 fps]
(Max. 200 Mbps)
|422LongGOP 50M||1920 x 1080||4:2:2||10 bit||50 Mbps (VBR)||29.97p, 25p, 23.98p, 59.94i, 50i|
|AVCHD||PS||1920 x 1080||4:2:0||8 bit||25 Mbps (VBR)||59.94p, 50p||—||Dolby Audio|
|PH||1920 x 1080||4:2:0||8 bit||21 Mbps (VBR)||23.98p, 59.94i, 50i||—|
|HA||1920 x 1080||4:2:0||8 bit||17 Mbps (VBR)||59.94i, 50i||—|
|HD||PM||1280 x 720||4:2:0||8 bit||8 Mbps (VBR)||59.94p, 50p||—|
|SD||SA||720 x 480 (59.94i)
720 x 576 (50i)
|4:2:0||8 bit||9 Mbps (VBR)||59.94i, 50i||—|
|FHD||AVC-Intra422||1920 x 1080||4:2:2||10 bit||200 Mbps (59.94p)||59.94p, 50p||—||24 bit LPCM|
|AVC-Intra200||1920 x 1080||4:2:2||10 bit||200 Mbps (59.94i)||59.94i, 50i||—|
|AVC-Intra100||1920 x 1080||4:2:2||10 bit||100 Mbps (59.94i)*1||59.94p, 50p, 59.94i, 50i||—||24 bit /16 bit LPCM|
|AVC-LongG50||1920 x 1080||4:2:2||10 bit||50 Mbps (59.94i) (VBR)||59.94i, 50i||—||24 bit LPCM|
|AVC-LongG25||1920 x 1080||4:2:2||10 bit||25 Mbps (59.94i)*1 (VBR)||59.94p, 50p, 59.94i, 50i||—|
|AVC-LongG12||1920 x 1080||4:2:0||8 bit||12 Mbps (59.94i)*1 (VBR)||59.94p, 50p, 59.94i, 50i||—||16 bit LPCM|
|HD||AVC-Intra200||1280 x 720||4:2:2||10 bit||200 Mbps (59.94p)||59.94p, 50p||—||24 bit LPCM|
|AVC-Intra100||1280 x 720||4:2:2||10 bit||100 Mbps (59.94p)||59.94p, 50p||—||24 bit /16 bit LPCM|
|AVC-Intra50||1440 x 1080||4:2:0||10 bit||50 Mbps (59.94i)||59.94i, 50i||—|
|960 x 720||4:2:0||10 bit||50 Mbps (59.94p)||59.94p, 50p||—|
|AVC-LongG50||1280 x 720||4:2:2||10 bit||50 Mbps (59.94p) (VBR)||59.94p, 50p||—||24 bit LPCM|
|AVC-LongG25||1280 x 720||4:2:2||10 bit||25 Mbps (VBR)||59.94p, 50p||—|
|AVC-LongG12||1280 x 720||4:2:0||8 bit||12 Mbps (VBR)||59.94p, 50p||—||16 bit LPCM|
- *1: The bit rate increases to two times when recorded in 59.94p or 50p.
- *2: VFR is supported only in Progressive mode. Square brackets [ ] indicate a system frequency of 50.00 Hz.
|Recording Format||microP2 Card
64 GB SDXC/SDHC Memory Card
|128 GB SDXC/SDHC Memory Card|
|UHD||400 Mbps||Approx. 20 min.||Approx. 40 min.|
|200 Mbps||Approx. 40 min.||Approx. 1 hour 20 min.|
|150 Mbps||Approx. 55 min.||Approx. 1 hour 50 min.|
|100 Mbps||Approx. 1 hour 20 min.||Approx. 2 hours 40 min.|
|FHD||100 Mbps||Approx. 1 hour 20 min.||Approx. 2 hours 40 min.|
|50 Mbps||Approx. 2 hours 40 min.||Approx. 5 hours 20 min.|
|AVCHD||PS||Approx. 5 hours 20 min.||Approx. 11 hours|
|PH||Approx. 6 hours||Approx. 12 hours 30 min.|
|HA||Approx. 8 hours 30 min.||Approx. 17 hours|
|PM||Approx. 17 hours 10 min.||Approx. 35 hours|
|SA||Approx. 16 hours 30 min.||Approx. 34 hours|
|P2 MXF||AVC-Intra422/AVC-Intra200||Approx. 32 min.||—|
|AVC-Intra100 (1080-59.94i/50i or 720-59.94p/50p)*||Approx. 1 hour 4 min.||—|
|AVC-Intra50||Approx. 2 hours 8 min.||—|
|AVC-LongG50||Approx. 2 hours 8 min.||—|
|AVC-LongG25 (1080-59.94i/50i or 720-59.94p/50p)*||Approx. 4 hours 16 min.||—|
|AVC-LongG12 (1080-59.94i/50i or 720-59.94p/50p)*||Approx. 8 hours||—|
- * The recording time decreases to one-half when recorded in 1080-59.94p/50p.
USB Tethering (5G Smartphone Link) Compatible Steaming Distribution
HD streaming output is possible while recording*1. The streaming method supports RTSP/RTMP/RTMPS*2, is compatible with many services such as Facebook and YouTube and allows you to directly broadcast without an external encoder unit. Furthermore, it is compatible with USB tethering. Use a 5G smartphone*3 instead of a modem for easy HD streaming. 4K60p (HEVC/50Mbps) ultra high definition streaming and automatic file transfers to designated servers is scheduled to be supported*4.
- *1: There are some conditions under which streaming is not possible, such as when recording in UHD format or using NDI|HX mode.
- *2: The P2 Network Setting Software is convenient for setting up the RTMP and RTMPS functions. See the website, “Connection Confirmed Live Video Distribution Services,” for the live video streaming services that have been confirmed to be compatible.
- *3: See the website, “Connection Confirmed Smartphones with USB Tethering Function” for the smartphone that have been confirmed to be compatible.
- *4: Schedule to support in FY2020. Cannot simultaneously record during 4K streaming output.
Easy IP Connection: NDI | HX Capable — NDI | HX is enabled when optional NDI | HX licence is purchased from NewTek
The AG-CX350 is the industry’s first camcorder to support NDI | HX.* Equipped with NDI | HX mode, it allows video transmission and camera control via IP connection, without using an external converter. When connected to a system configured with the AV-HLC100 Live Production Center and HN/UN series PTZ integrated cameras, the AG-CX350 realizes end-to-end live video production of live events as well as web distribution.
- NDI | HX, a technology of NewTek, Inc.
- * Recording, streaming and 4K output are not available when using NDI | HX mode. Industry’s first camcorder to support NDI | HX. As of March 2020 (according to a Panasonic survey). To use this function, an activation keycode from NewTek is required. Keycodes can be purchased from the following website: http://new.tk/ndi_panasonic
Compatible with the IP remote control (AW-RP150GJ)
In addition to supporting multi-functional control such as audio levels and REC S/S from the AW-RP150GJ remote camera controller with an IP (wired LAN) connection, it also enables integrated operation with a remote camera system.
- * Not compatible with all of the control items of the AW-RP150GJ. Also, some of the functions will not work.
Wireless Control from a Tablet or Smartphone
The AG-CX350 can be controlled remotely and wirelessly using the tablet/smartphone app “CX ROP”*1 (downloadable for free from the App Store or Google Play). This app allows you to display camera information and change camera settings. The settings are easy to see and can be changed by tap-and-slide operation. It is also equipped with a wealth of remote functions for output signal selection, USER button setting, REC S/S and many others. What's more, the app can be used to select the camera to control from up to eight cameras in the CX Series (AG-CX350 and AJ-CX4000GJ).*2 The compatible camera app inside the network will automatically search, so you can connect with easy settings by simply selecting from the list.*3
- The Apple App Store and iPad are service marks or trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries.
- *1: iPad: iOS 9 or later are supported. Android devices: Android 5.0 or later are supported. Wireless module (optional AJ-WM50, AJ-WM50G or recommended third-party Wi-Fi dongle) is required.
- *2: The app does not support simultaneous/synchronous control of multiple cameras. Camera switching takes several seconds.
- *3: Only in single camera connection mode.
TC Synchro Multi-Camera Recording Supported
The TC IN/OUT terminal (BNC) allows synchronization of the time code in multi-camera shooting. The camera number (A to Z) can be added* to the name of the recording folder to facilitate editing.
Parallel Output of SDI and HDMI
SDI and HDMI can be output in parallel. Output of UHD video via HDMI and output of HD video in high-image-quality 10-bit, 4:2:2 via SDI enable a variety of uses. In V-Log shooting, either V-Log or V709 (HDR or SDR in HLG shooting) can be selected for each of the SDI, HDMI and LCD video outputs.
- * Only when the MOV codec is used for recording. Setting must be made in each camera.
Bonding Device Status Display
Compatible with LiveU/TVU bonding connection, and displays the device information (battery status/remaining battery capacity/errors) onto the viewfinder/LCD monitor.
Simultaneous Display on High-Brightness, High-Definition LCD and High-Resolution OLED EVF
The AG-CX350 features a new 3.2-type high-definition LCD monitor (approximately 1,620,000 dots). This LCD monitor uses the RGBW (red, green, blue, white) pixel structure to provide high visibility even in bright sunlight. The 3:2 aspect ratio enables the display of timecode and camera status without superimposing on the image. The touch panel function allows convenient touch focus and menu setting. The viewfinder is a high-resolution color OLED (approximately 2,360,000 dots, with an image display area of approximately 1,770,000 dots) that offers superb color reproduction. Since the AG-CX350 newly supports simultaneous LCD and EVF outputs, the LCD monitor can display the captured image at all times even when you look away from the EVF.
LCD Monitor Screen While Shooting (Pictures simulated)
Broadcast-Grade Picture Quality Adjustment Functions
16-Axis Independent Color Correction Illustration
- 16-Axis Independent Color Correction: Provides an independent effect to each of the 16 phases of video images. It enables color matching of multiple cameras under the same lighting conditions as well as creative image rendering.
- Master Detail: Adjusts the overall degree of contour enhancement.
- Skin Detail: Makes skin colors appear soft and beautiful.
- Scene Files: Six preset files are provided. You can change any of the settings as desired.
- Other Picture Settings: Matrix tables, V detail, detail coring, chroma level, chroma phase, color temperature, master pedestal and knee.
24-bit PCM Audio 4-Channel Recording
The use of the built-in stereo microphone or XLR input (switchable 48-V phantom power supply/MIC/LINE) allows 2-channel audio recording. In MOV mode, 24-bit linear PCM recording delivers higher sound quality. Future firmware update will enable 4-channel recording.*1 Other audio features include manual volumes, OSD level meter, 1 kHz test tone output*2 and headphone output (3.5 mm-diameter stereo mini jack).
- *1: When MOV or P2 MXF is selected as the main recording format, the AG-CX350 enables 4-channel recording using the built-in microphone (2-channels) and XLR (2-channels). In AVC-LongG12 mode, only 16-bit LPCM 4-channel recording is supported. And in AVCHD mode, only 2-channel recording is possible.
- *2: This output is produced when the color bar is displayed. When the 50 Hz system frequency is selected, the output is 997 Hz.
Low Power Consuming, Large-Capacity Battery, Quick Charge
The AG-CX350 boasts low power consumption of 11.5 W (in factory setting, with no devices connected to the terminals), which is the industry’s lowest in the UHD/HD 10-bit recording professional camcorder segment. The maximum power consumption is only 17 W (HEVC recording, LCD turned ON, devices connected to the terminals).*1 With the supplied battery pack (5900 mAh), the AG-CX350 operates continuously for about 3 hours and 20 minutes. This large-capacity battery pack supports quick charges.*2
- *1: As of March 2020. According to a Panasonic survey.
- *2 Quick charge is possible only when the AG-BRD50 battery charger is used.