High Quality Video Shooting
Developed 1/2.3-type MOS Sensor
Equipped with a developed 1/2.3-type MOS sensor and DSP (Digital Signal Processor) for high sensitivity and high resolution.
High Performance Optical 30x Zoom Lens/Super Resolution 40x Zoom
In addition to a 30x optical zoom, the AW-HN40HW/HK, AW-HE40SW/SK and AW-HE40HW/HK can zoom up to 40x while maintaining high resolution thanks to Super Resolution technology. It also features a 16x digital zoom* and a 1.4x digital extender, which enables the AW-HN40HW/HK, AW-HE40SW/SK and AW-HE40HW/HK to shoot in large conference halls and classrooms.
- * Picture quality is lower with the digital zoom.
Night Mode (Supports Automatic Switching)
Switching to Night Mode makes shooting possible even in low light conditions in which shooting is normally difficult, such as when observing wildlife*. The AW-HN40HW/HK, AW-HE40SW/SK and AW-HE40HW/HK can also be set to switch to the mode automatically depending on surrounding light levels.
- * Video output is monochrome.
Equipped with High Dynamic Range (HDR) Mode
In addition to conventional Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) and Digital Noise Reduction (DNR), the AW-HN40HW/HK, AW-HE40SW/SK and AW-HE40HW/HK are newly equipped with High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode. When shooting and synthesizing two images with differing exposure times, the AW-HN40HW/HK, AW-HE40SW/SK and AW-HE40HW/HK can create video with high visibility that corrects for halation and black defects even under backlit conditions.
Outputs Still Image During Preset Movements;
Supports One-Camera Operations
The new Freeze During Preset function enables to freeze the video during preset playback. The immediately preceding still image is output during preset movements so that the swiveling movement is not displayed, making operations possible with one camera.
With Freeze During Preset function OFF and ON
Either SDI Model or HDMI Model Can Be Selected To Match Usage Needs
Supports 1080/59.94p (HDMI model only), 29.97p*, 59.94i, 29,97PsF, 1080/50p (HDMI model only), 25p*, 50i, 25PsF, 720/59.94p, and 50p video formats. Flexible operation in line with the application is made possible by a lineup that includes an SDI output model (AW-HE40SW/SK), optimal for video content production, and HDMI output models (AW-HN40HW/HK and AW-HE40HW/HK), optimal for video streaming, both of which come in two body colors (white and black) that can be selected depending on the usage environment.
- * Native output.
Video/Audio Output with USB
USB Video Class and USB Audio Class are supported. This enables video and audio output via USB so the cameras can be used as high-image-quality Web cameras for Web conferencing, distance learning, and other applications utilizing communication software.
Audio Input Function
The AW-HN40HW/HK, AW-HE40SW/SK and AW-HE40HW/HK also supports audio input, embedding and encoding.
Audio output to IP is also supported. The ALC (Audio Automatic Level Control) in the original AW-HN40HW/HK, AW-HE40SW/SK and AW-HE40HW/HK can be switched ON/OFF and an equalizer function can be used. By reducing low-frequency sound from air conditioners, projectors, and other devices, it is possible to emphasize and increase the clarity of the spoken words.
MicroSD Card Recording Function
MicroSD card recording is supported. Camera video and audio can be recorded in MP4 format on microSD card (sold separately) inserted into the unit. In addition, using an IP network, it is possible to externally control recording start/stop and download the recorded files.
Equipped with a JPEG Image Saving Function*
The equipped JPEG Image Saving Function enables up to 99 still images (JPEGs) to be captured from video and saved to the microSD card. These images can easily be remotely saved, played back and deleted from a PC web browser connected via a LAN cable.
- * A version software update may be required for use.
Flexible IP Control
Full HD Video Output Via IP Transmission
In addition to HD-SDI and HDMI output, production quality full HD video output via IP transmission is supported. The camera delivers up to four channels of IP streaming video (H.264), with a maximum quality level of 1080/60p at 24 Mbps*1. Simultaneous transmission to as many as 14 devices is also supported*2. Flexible system setup is possible to meet various application needs.
List of Supported Multi-Streaming Outputs (When IP output priority is selected*)
|Frame rate||59.94 Hz||60 fps/30 fps/15 fps/5 fps||30 fps/15 fps/5 fps||30 fps/15 fps/5 fps||30 fps/15 fps/5 fps|
|50 Hz||50 fps/25 fps/12.5 fps/5 fps||25 fps/12.5 fps/5 fps||25 fps/12.5 fps/5 fps||25 fps/12.5 fps/5 fps|
|Bit rate||Up to 24 Mbps|
|Voice transmission||Yes (AAC48 kHz)|
- * Depending on the output mode, certain restrictions apply.
- *1: 1920 x 1080 60 fps output is 1ch display only. For 2ch or more, display is max. 30 fps. Also, JPEG output is up to 3ch.
- *2: Depends on your network environment.
- *3: Settable when HDR is “Off”.
- *4: Settable when HDR is set to “Off” and the frame rate is other than 60fps (or 50fps).
- *5: Not settable when HDR is “Off”.
NDI | HX Compatibility for Excellent Video Streaming Quality
The AW-HN40HW/HK is NDI | HX built-in model and AW-HE40SW/SK and AW-HE40HW/SK can be upgraded to NDI | HX with purchasing a license from the NewTek website. Highly efficient NDI | HX compatibility enables excellent broadcast streaming by encoding and transmitting high-quality video in real time. This technology eliminates the need for IP decoders, allowing input to be sent directly to the switcher.
- * Power over Ethernet Plus, IEEE 802.3at
- * Contact your local Panasonic vendor for further information.
- * NDI® is a new protocol developed by NewTek, Inc. that supports IP video production workflow.
- * NDI® is a registered trademark of NewTek, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- * In this instance, NDI®|HX is used to indicate high efficiency low bandwidth NDI®|HX.
Supporting PoE+* for Lower Installation Costs
By connecting network devices that support the IEEE802.3at PoE+ standard, power can be supplied via LAN cable. Since it is not necessary to install a power supply or even a local AC outlet, installation costs can be significantly reduced.
- * Abbreviation of Power over Ethernet Plus.
IP Control with Image Monitoring Using PC, Mac and Mobile Terminals
Using an IP browser, the camera can be controlled from a remote location, and IP video monitoring and remote camera control can be performed from a PC, Mac or mobile terminal such as an iPhone, iPad or Android device, enabling easy operations. IP video*1 can be transmitted to up to 14 terminals*2.
Camera control screen (Mac)
Mobile Terminal Screen
- * For the latest information on supported OS/browsers, please refer to the "Supported OS and Web browser"
- *1: Supports only SD video output.
- *2: 1920 x 1080 60 fps output is 1ch display only. For 2ch or more, display is max. 30 fps. Also, JPEG output is up to 3ch.
Flexible IP Control Architecture Simplifies System Design and Operation*
Up to 100 x AW-HN40HW/HK, AW-HE40SW/SK and AW-HE40HW/HK cameras can be controlled via IP from a single AW-RP120G/RP50 or PC. The AW-HN40HW/HK, AW-HE40SW/SK and AW-HE40HW/HK can also be simultaneously controlled by up to five AW-RP120G/RP50 controllers via IP.
- *1: AC adaptor AW-PS551 (sold separately) is required for AW-RP120G.
- * Controller upgrade required. For details, please refer to the "service and support".
Exceptional Pan-tilt Performance for Smooth Shooting Over a Wide Area*
The pan range of ±175° and the tilt range of -30° to +90° cover a wide shooting area*. Pan and tilt operate at a maximum speed of 90°/second and respond quickly to remote control operation. They operate quietly at a sound level of NC35 or lower.
- * Depending on the position of the pan and tilt, the unit itself may be reflected in the image.
- Preset memory up to 100 positions.
- Functions such as freeze during preset, digital extender zoom and color temperature settings can be assigned to the user buttons on Panasonic controllers.
- Equipped with RS422 remote terminal; up to five units can be controlled via serial control from a controller.
- Equipped with RS232C remote terminal (standard serial communication support). Up to seven units can be controlled via daisy chain connection.
- Up to four units can be operated with a wireless remote controller (AW-RM50G sold separately).
- Easy installation thanks to use of turn-lock mechanism.