Face Recognition and Human Body Detection for High Precision and Smooth Tracking Control for Natural-looking Video
Face Recognition and Human Body Detection with Deep Learning* for High-precision auto Tracking
The camera uses highly accurate face recognition and high-performance human body detection. Tracking is possible regardless of the direction the subject is facing, so the camera can capture subjects in a lecture setting with almost no interruption, even when the subject turns to write on the board. The human body detection function uses deep learning technology* which accumulates and learns from tens of thousands of human images, achieving highly accurate detection even in settings with poor visibility, such as dark rooms.
- * The software may need to be updated before using this product. Restrictions may also occur depending on your server or PC. See "Service and Support".
Panasonic does not collect, store nor share within the organization any personal information including pictures of targeted people in the auto tracking software. Information registered in the auto tracking software are stored only in the environments (PCs/servers) where the software is installed and cannot be stored elsewhere.
Version 5.1.7 update information
- * In this video, a free 30-day trial period is offered, but this is presently being extended to 90 days.
If you enable the “Auto” button*2 at the bottom of the zoom slider on the GUI, the automatic zoom adjustment function will work to keep the size of the subject constant. The size of the subject can also be changed from the Auto Zoom Size according to the purpose and situation. Even if the subject moves back and forth as well as left and right at a new product launch event at a company or a lecture at a university, it is possible to track and shoot the subject with the composition you want.
- *1: This function cannot be used with the AW-UE4.
- *2: Not displayed when the tracking mode is set to crop mode.
Link with a wide-angle camera*1
By linking a wide-angle camera*2 as a bird's-eye view camera, you can improve the stability of the tracking function. As long as the bird's-eye view camera captures the subject, it will immediately rediscover the tracking subject even if the tracking camera loses its target and resume tracking. *3 The bird's-eye view camera’s images can be used not only for tracking correction, but also for confirming the overview of the shooting and for live-streaming. It will support efficient camera operation in video production sites where mistakes cannot be tolerated, such as live streaming.
We recommend that you use this function in the following installations.
- *1: This function is only for the AW-SF100.
- *2: Only Panasonic PTZ cameras that support this software can be used as a wide-angle camera. The AW-UE4 cannot be used as a tracking camera.
- *3: With this function, face recognition is not used for tracking.
GUI for Intuitive Setting
The auto-tracking settings can be easily made with an intuitive GUI only with the necessary icons to minimize the setting up labor and assist smooth operation. Tracking adjustment tools, such as masking, limiters, tracking disable zone and sensitivity level adjustment, are also available.
- Provisions for correction by an operator are required, as the camera may misdetect or fail to detect a subject depending on the conditions in which it is used.
- The screen layout may differ depending on the version you are using.
- The face recognition function uses face recognition software from PUX Corporation.
Using IP-based Software to Support Remote Operation
IP-based software brought system flexibility and it achieved IP connection (IP streaming/IP control), installation/operation of camera in classroom from remote locations.
Simple, Low-cost Installation to Easily Migrate to the Existing System without Additional Devices
After installing the Auto Tracking Software on your server or PC*1, simply connect a 4K/HD Integrated Camera and your auto tracking system is complete – no new sensors or other equipment required! With its simple configuration, this system reduces the startup costs that are usually associated with tracking systems.
- * See the reverse for details on cameras that can be connected.
- *1: This refers to the Standalone version. If using the web app, install the Auto Tracking Software in your HTTP server.
AW-SF100 has Standalone and Web Application Versions to Choose from; AW-SF200 Operates on a Server
You can choose to use AW-SF100 as a Web application, so it also supports control from a tablet, smartphone, desktop PC, etc. Providing centralized control of multiple cameras, AW-SF200 uses a floating license for flexible operations matched to the user environment.
AW-SF200 system example: Lecture capture of entire school
Use of central servers for simultaneous auto tracking and centralized control of multiple cameras in a large hall and cameras in multiple classrooms.
AW-SF100 System Example: Lecture Capture of a Classroom
Auto tracking and control of one camera with one PC.
Various applications of Auto Tracking
・AW-HN130W/K, AW-HE130W/K (Discontinued model)
・AW-HN40HW/HK, AW-HE40SW/SK, AW-HE40HW/HK
|Remote Camera Controller||・AW-RP120/AW-RP50 (AW-SF100 only)|
- * For external control, API is released supporting connection with a variety of devices. See `Interface Specifications, Protocol`.