Before using the camera
- Connecting to CCU
- Connect this camera to a designated CCU that is properly grounded.
- Use appropriate lighting when shooting to capture images with clear color
- To make the color of images clear, use appropriate lighting for shooting.
- Colors may not be reproduced correctly under fluorescent lighting. Select appropriate lighting as necessary.
- Use the ND filter in excessively bright locations.
- Do not use the unit in oily-smoky or dusty places
- Performance may be adversely affected if small particles or other foreign objects get inside the product.
Take extra care in environments where a special effect such as theatrical smoke is used.
- Turn off the power before connecting or disconnecting the cables
- Turn off the power of the devices before connecting or disconnecting the cables.
- Handling of the camera
- Do not drop or add strong impact or vibration to the camera. Doing so may lead to failure.
- Do not touch optical system parts
- The optical system parts are the “life” of the camera. Do not touch the optical systems on occasions such as when the lens is removed. In the event that dust has adhered, use a blower for cameras or lens cleaning paper to gently remove the dust.
- Do not shoot images toward sunlight or a laser beam
- Shooting toward sunlight or a laser beam for a long period of time may result in damage of the MOS.
- When using the camera in rain or snow, or on a beach or shore
- Use a rain cover (optional), etc. to prevent water from splashing on or entering the camera.
- Humidity and dust
- The internal parts of the camera are more easily damaged in humid and dusty locations. Avoid such locations.
- Cover the terminals that are not in use with their protective caps.
- Temperature range for use
- Using the camera under the following conditions may have negative effects on the image quality or internal parts of the camera. Avoid such locations.
Cold places where the temperature is −10 °C (14 °F) or below
Hot places where the temperature is 45 °C (113 °F) or above
- Preheating is required in a low-temperature environment. Confirm is not lit before using the camera.
- Turn off the power and clean the camera with a dry cloth. If the dust cannot be removed with a dry cloth, try soaking the cloth with kitchen detergent to gently wipe off the dust.
- Use lens cleaning paper (for use with glasses or cameras) when cleaning the lens.
- Optical fiber connector
- The transmission and reception conditions of optical signals will deteriorate when the optical fiber connector has become dirty. Be sure to clean the connector.(<OPT> lamp)
- Cooling fan
- The camera has an internal cooling fan.
- The cooling fan is a consumable supply. Replace it after approximately 50,000 hours of use. Be sure to contact your dealer for the replacement.
- Peripheral devices and software
- The software of the peripheral devices (CCU and ROP) that are connected to AK-UC3300G/AK-UC3300GS may require upgrading.
- For details, contact your dealer.
- Consult your dealer for internal cleaning of the camera approximately once a year.
- Continued use of the camera with build-up of dust inside may result in a fire or failure.
- Information on software used with this product
- This product includes GNU General Public License (GPL) and GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) licensed software, and the customer is entitled to obtain, modify, or redistribute the source code for the software.
This product includes MIT Licensed software.
This product includes BSD Licensed software.
For details on obtaining the source codes, visit the following website.
However, do not contact Panasonic for questions regarding obtained source codes.