- Precautions for Use
Precautions for Use
In addition to the safety precautions given in “Read this first!”, also observe the following instructions.
- Do not drop the product or subject it to a strong impact. Doing so may cause a failure or accident.
Avoid using the unit outdoors
- Use the product in an ambient temperature of 0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F). Avoid using the product in a cold place where the temperature drops below 0 °C (32 °F) or in a hot place where the temperature rises above 40 °C (104 °F) because an extremely low or high temperature will adversely affect the internal parts.
Turn off the power before connecting or disconnecting cables
- Before connecting or disconnecting the cables, be sure to turn the power off.
Avoid humidity and dust
- Avoid using the product in a very humid or dusty place because a lot of humidity and dust will cause damage to the internal parts.
- Turn the power off and wipe the product with a dry cloth.
- To remove stubborn dirt, dip a cloth into a diluted solution of kitchen detergent (neutral detergent), wring it out well, and wipe the product gently. Then, wipe the product with a cloth dampened with water. Finally, wipe the product with a dry cloth.
Optical fiber multi cable
- When the optical fiber connectors of the optical fiber multi cable (sold separately) become dirty, the optical signal transmission state will deteriorate. Use commercially available optical connector cleaner to clean the optical connector end faces in accordance with the instructions.
- The cooling fan is a consumable part. The replacement cycle is approximately 10 years (when used approximately 8 hours per day).
Contact your dealer to request cooling fan replacement.
Disposal of the unit
- When the unit has reached the end of its service life and is to be disposed of, ask a qualified contractor to dispose of the unit properly in order to protect the environment.
■ Information on software used with this product
This product includes GNU General Public License (GPL) and GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) licensed software, and the customer is entitled to obtain, modify, or redistribute the source code for the software.
However, do not contact Panasonic for questions regarding obtained source codes.