- Precautions for Installation
Precautions for Installation
In addition to the safety precautions given in “Read this first!”, also observe the following instructions.
Be sure to ask your dealer to perform the installation and connection work for the unit.
Connecting a power supply
- Be sure to use the power cable supplied with the unit.
- Connect the [SIGNAL GND] terminal on the rear of the unit to the system ground.
- When the unit will not be used for a long time, turn off the [POWER] switch and remove the power plug from the outlet to save power.
Ground of the power plug
- The power cable supplied with the unit has a 3-prong plug with a ground terminal.
Connect it to a 3-prong outlet with a ground contact.
- Ground the system via the [SIGNAL GND] terminal on the unit.
A.[SIGNAL GND] terminal
- Dropping the unit or subjecting it to a strong impact or vibration may cause a failure or accident.
- Do not allow any foreign objects to enter inside the unit.
Allowing water, metal items, food or drink, or other foreign objects to enter inside the unit may cause a fire or electric shock.
- This unit is designed for indoor use only.
- Do not install the unit in a cold place where the temperature drops below 0 °C (32 °F) or in a hot place where the temperature rises above 40 °C (104 °F).
- Avoid installing the unit where it will be exposed to direct sunlight or near an outlet from which hot air is blown out.
- Installing the unit in a location with a lot of humidity, dust, or vibration may result in a failure.